Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

What would you do? Tupador and Humi

Ok, i have a 20 count humi and 45 cigars, 19 are in the humi and the rest are in the Tupador, Should I smoke out of the tupador keeping my favs in the Humi? or rotate from the tupador and smoke out of the Humi? help a new guy out. Pro and cons if you have any.
yes I know i ask a lot of stupid questions its a god given gift.
grr wrong part of the forums

Comments

• Options
    illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    honestly if youve got humidification in both the humidor and tupperdor and they're both holding around 70% rh you should be fine.. I had a tupperdor and it worked just fine
  • Options
    If i were aging sticks, I would want them in the humi becuase of the cedar lining, If i were just storing them till i got around to smoking them, as long as they are properly humidified, it shouldnt make a difference
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The only difference I can think of, aside from the cedar lining in the humi that mustluv mentioned, is that if you're not careful the tupperdor can tend to spike the humidity as it is not naturally porous, and therefor traps all the humidity in. Aside from that, if you've got a cigar in the tupperdor that you want to smoke, smoke it, simple as that.
  • Options
    alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    I used to smoke straight out of my coolerdor frequently. Like they said above, as long as the humidity is being held where you want it for smoking, no issues.
  • Options
    ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    My review for this cigar is that I would smoke out of the humi because the sticks are likely to be better rested than in the tupador ;)
  • Options
    laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    I have several Humidors which I use for storing expensive and or sticks that I want to put some age on. I use a coolerdor and that is what I smoke from everyday, without any problems. As for the cedar of the humi being better...I just added some broken down boxes into the coolerdor and IF there was any benefit to this, then I get that too.

As long as your RH is in the proper range, it doesn't matter where the stick came from. For a stick to benefit from the Spanish Cedar lining of a Humidor, it would have to be in that humi for a LONG time. IMO