Home General Discussion

Running out of space

After I get me next order I will be out of space in my humi. I got a few empty cigar boxes. Can I just put a humi jar in one of these and use it? Should I use a zip lock? I'm nearly out of pillows, but have a few jars left. Any tips would be great.

Comments

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    i think a large tupperware container would be best (unless you want to make a coolador). The thing you have to worry about with the boxes is the seal...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I say the overflow can go into a cardboard box that is addressed to me.

All kidding aside, I second the tupperware suggestion. As pretty as cigar boxes are, they are pretty terrible with maintaining humidity.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    sightunseen:
    I say the overflow can go into a cardboard box that is addressed to me.

All kidding aside, I second the tupperware suggestion. As pretty as cigar boxes are, they are pretty terrible with maintaining humidity.
    +1...I have a good amount of room I could rent for a few sticks a month...
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    I have a few boxes that can hold humidity pretty well, but its rare. So rare, that I look for those specific boxes. Arganese makes a good one. Otherwise, a ziploc container works very well.
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    smoke more often! simple enough.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    The thing you have to worry about with the boxes is the seal...
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ... and it wont hold humidity even if it is sealed because most boxes arent finished.
    ...not enough room
    etc...
    kuzi16:
    Alex Williams:
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ... and it wont hold humidity even if it is sealed because most boxes arent finished.
    ...not enough room
    etc...
    i am so sorry your highness! please dont fong me this time :D but ya, hes right......as usual....
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Williams:
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ...not enough room
    etc...
    i am so sorry your highness! please dont fong me this time :D but ya, hes right......as usual....
    Fong you? Is that some kinda foreign torture sh*t? y'all keep that stuff private if y'all are into that.

haha
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Williams:
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ...not enough room
    etc...
    Fong you? Is that some kinda foreign torture sh*t? y'all keep that stuff private if y'all are into that.

haha
    haha have you seen a knight's tale? the crazy guy always threatens the poet to give him a royal fonging. i think it is another word for beating (i hope it is)
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Alex Williams:
    cholmes8310:
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Williams:
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ...not enough room
    etc...

haha
    haha have you seen a knight's tale? the crazy guy always threatens the poet to give him a royal fonging. i think it is another word for beating (i hope it is)
    haha... here it is from urbandictionary.com

2. Fonging:To beat the *** out of someone within an inch of their life.
    "When i finish fonging your ass you're going to be sorry"
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I am already there! I have a 150 count humi crammed with 158, another fifty full, a 20 again full, two 25 count acrylic jars, two 15 count jars, two 10 count travel cases; all full, then am keeping 80 sticks in the CCOM baggies with humi pillows. All have at least a Humi pillow, unless I see the humidity creeping too high in which case I remove for a while, I keep a check on them all by rotating Hygrometers around in them. They all seem to maintain humidity pretty well, although living in the balmy gulf coast climete probably helps, I have a hygro sitting on top of my a/c thermostat showing 67%RH - 4% calibration adjustment) = 63%RH, so there's not much humidity going to get sucked out of any of my "containers". Short term you have the option of keeping them in bags or other with humi pillows and smoking more! Depending on how much over you are going you could get a small 20 count from CCOM for < $20 with their U pick 2 offer. Or do what I plan to do; get a bigger humi, or put together a coolador if $ are tight and you are thinking about further increasing your inventory :)
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    MrMoke:
    I am already there! I have a 150 count humi crammed with 158, another fifty full, a 20 again full, two 25 count acrylic jars, two 15 count jars, two 10 count travel cases; all full, then am keeping 80 sticks in the CCOM baggies with humi pillows. All have at least a Humi pillow, unless I see the humidity creeping too high in which case I remove for a while, I keep a check on them all by rotating Hygrometers around in them. They all seem to maintain humidity pretty well, although living in the balmy gulf coast climete probably helps, I have a hygro sitting on top of my a/c thermostat showing 67%RH - 4% calibration adjustment) = 63%RH, so there's not much humidity going to get sucked out of any of my "containers". Short term you have the option of keeping them in bags or other with humi pillows and smoking more! Depending on how much over you are going you could get a small 20 count from CCOM for
    DUDE!!! seek help! youre addicted to BUYING cigars ;)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    Alex Williams:
    ...and its not seasoned.
    ...not enough room
    etc...
    i was just adding on to the statement. not correcting it.

the seal is the most important aspect.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I'm in the same boat right now. I'm either going to have to break down and buy another coolidor or fig. out how I can afford something from Waxing Moon or actually buy a cabinet like I have been wanting to. Dang hobby costing me a fortune this past year.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    I'm in the same boat right now. I'm either going to have to break down and buy another coolidor or fig. out how I can afford something from Waxing Moon or actually buy a cabinet like I have been wanting to. Dang hobby costing me a fortune this past year.
    If you have to, you could use some Ziploc baggies with some humi pillows. Cheap temp solution...

"Long ashes my friends."

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'd get a big tupperware tub and put all overflow in one place. That way you have much better control over humidity and all.