Home General Discussion

Upcoming Chicago event.......

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
Thursday May 20th at Utopia Cigars in Chicago. Reps from Gurkha and Drew Estates will be there from 5pm-10pm. Giveaways, raffles, longest ash contest, free food and beverages. It's a smaller venue so seating and parking will be limited.

I'll be there, as this is my regular B&M. I know we don't have too many Chicago BOTLs on here, but PM me if you're interested in going.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    PM sent
    replied
    bump
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    damn I may make the 5 hour drive up there and make a weekend out of it..... Is it toward the bottom of Chicago or will I end up by Wisconsin like I was a few weeks ago ? P.S. Cherry Valley is a fantastic little town and I would LOVE to live there !
    The Cank:
    damn I may make the 5 hour drive up there and make a weekend out of it..... Is it toward the bottom of Chicago or will I end up by Wisconsin like I was a few weeks ago ? P.S. Cherry Valley is a fantastic little town and I would LOVE to live there !
    It's on the NW side of Chicago....... Look up the address at utopiacigars.com, then mapquest it. Not too hard to get to.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    The Cank:

CV is like 20 min from my house. If you're headed that way and need to restock your travel humi - stop in / give me a call - I'll hook you up.
    ljl:
    The Cank:

CV is like 20 min from my house. If you're headed that way and need to restock your travel humi - stop in / give me a call - I'll hook you up.
    PMs sent
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    PM replied ! Thank You !
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    The Cank:
    PM replied ! Thank You !

+1 Tx
    bump.
  • turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    Bump.

I'll be there!

EDIT: Speaking of Utopia, Marty have you have any of their own rolls? I had a blue lable which either had a flavored cap or was infused. A little on the sweet side but the spices offset that with a pepper taste. It was interesting enough that I'll pick up another when we go.
    turn_key:
    Bump.

I'll be there!

EDIT: Speaking of Utopia, Marty have you have any of their own rolls? I had a blue lable which either had a flavored cap or was infused. A little on the sweet side but the spices offset that with a pepper taste. It was interesting enough that I'll pick up another when we go.
    I do like their Utopia line. I've only tried the maduro and the natural Blues. But they have others that are pretty tasty from what I hear. However, the last shipment they got in was messed up. Lots of cracking and plugging. It's like the wrappers were way to thin. The owner called the factory and chewed them out. The next shipment was much better. Other than that, they're a solid cigar for under $5.

If you wanna go any other night before the 20th, let me know. I'm usually working after 5pm and could meet you over there for a little bit.
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    Bump.

I'll be there!

I do like their Utopia line. I've only tried the maduro and the natural Blues. But they have others that are pretty tasty from what I hear. However, the last shipment they got in was messed up. Lots of cracking and plugging. It's like the wrappers were way to thin. The owner called the factory and chewed them out. The next shipment was much better. Other than that, they're a solid cigar for under $5.

If you wanna go any other night before the 20th, let me know. I'm usually working after 5pm and could meet you over there for a little bit.

10-4, 99, 19P and all that!

I'm having trouble keeping my crappy humidor's humidity level up so I'll be stopping by to get another humi jar. Maybe on my RDOs next week tues/wed.
    turn_key:
    lilwing88:
    turn_key:
    Bump.

I'll be there!

10-4, 99, 19P and all that!

I'm having trouble keeping my crappy humidor's humidity level up so I'll be stopping by to get another humi jar. Maybe on my RDOs next week tues/wed.
    Smaj, one word, bro: BEADS!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had some trouble with my humi a while back. You might want to think about bringing the whole thing into the shop. Kevin can do a diagnostics check for you, free of charge.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Thursday May 20th at Utopia Cigars in Chicago. Reps from Gurkha and Drew Estates will be there from 5pm-10pm. Giveaways, raffles, longest ash contest, free food and beverages. It's a smaller venue so seating and parking will be limited.

I'll be there, as this is my regular B&M. I know we don't have too many Chicago BOTLs on here, but PM me if you're interested in going.
    If their handing out HMR's or Triads mind grabbing one for me... call it a day late bday present.. lol
    phobicsquirrel:
    lilwing88:

If their handing out HMR's or Triads mind grabbing one for me... call it a day late bday present.. lol
    Squiirrel, for you? I'll snag a whole box of HMRs!! LOL!

They did just add a whole new case dedicated to Gurkha at the shop. So, their selection is pretty fantastic. Black Dragons, Shaggys, Ancient Warriors, and many more......

If you're really a Gurkha fan, you could PM me your cell phone# and I'll text you the night of with their specials.......

They've also added a few more to their DE line.
    Bump.......

1 Week out. Getting close. Any more Chicagoland BOTLs interested? brainfrz? Hello? Anyone? Bueller?
    Bumping this up since it's tomorrow.

I'll be there but not sure what time yet.
  • mmende5mmende5 Posts: 2
    I'm new to the board but I thought I'd chime in on this one. Would like to go but it's in the opposite direction of where I work and live. Actually, I'm heading to a place after work in Westmont - no clue what I'm picking up yet since I've only been smoking for a few months. Suggestions?
    mmende5:
    I'm new to the board but I thought I'd chime in on this one. Would like to go but it's in the opposite direction of where I work and live. Actually, I'm heading to a place after work in Westmont - no clue what I'm picking up yet since I've only been smoking for a few months. Suggestions?
    I don't know which place you're going to, so it's hard to make any suggestions. Los Blancos are pretty popular in the area right now. The Nine is a real good one. Also, anything Fuente is a pretty safe bet..... Try the Don Carlos, if they have it. It's cheaper than the Opus and a little better IMHO.
  • mmende5mmende5 Posts: 2
    Thanks for the suggestions, anything to simplify my choices is appreciated. Oh, I'm going to a place called The Humidor - been there a couple of times, nice lounge. Closer to me there's a place in Orland Park but I've never been.