Home Non Cigar Related
Options

I Need Your Help Guys!

HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
Ok, so this is completely un-cigar-related (hence the appropriate section), but I really need your help brothers! I volunteer for a youth organization devoted to teaching youth 13-21 years old a variety of maritime skills. We recently had an amazing donation to our group - a classic 78' commercial shrimp trawler. Thing is, it needs major work...well, we just applied for a Raley Foods grant of $7500, and this would make some serious headway in our project. It goes for the next month, and you can vote once every day. I know it's a lot to ask, but we REALLY need the money guys! Here's the official synopsis:

Refit an historic ex-fishing trawler for youth education and training.

Who will Benefit?
Our program targets young men and women ages 13-21

How will the $7,500 be used?
The Sacramento Delta Youth Maritime Association has been operating a youth boating organization since 1955. Our mission is to promote learning of vocational, leadership, and life skills to young adults through a community based maritime service education program. We have an opportunity available to refit a donated historic ex-commercial 78' fishing trawler that is based in Morro Bay, CA and bring it to Sacramento. Our goal is to utilize this vessel for long term maritime training while educating young adults about machinery, metalwork, welding, painting, and carpentry alongside volunteer experts during the restoration process. These are skills that have been removed from many of our local schools. The end result will serve as a signature training vessel for our young adults to operate safely and will be used to perform safety patrols, education, and lifesaving activities. This program will be ongoing, but the start of the vessel restoration will be in March of 2010.

VOTE HERE
¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Consider it done.

Don't forget to give Bubba's family his share.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    urbino:
    HAHA! That is definitely one of the best movies EVER!! Well played, sir.
  • Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    ejenne87:
    urbino:
    HAHA! That is definitely one of the best movies EVER!! Well played, sir.
    doffs chapeau
  • Options
    Thank you fellas, and trust me, we're entirely familiar with the Bubba Gump jokes lol ;-)

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Options
    **BUMP**

I won't do this kind of spamming again, and I hope you guys can forgive me for it, but we really do need all the votes we can get!

• Options
    lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    voted.....
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..