Home Non Cigar Related

SoCal cost of living

hey all you socal BOTL's, I am considering moving out to socal for grad school in the next year or so and was worried about how much the cost of living is there compared to here in s. illinois.. i've heard it's expensive, and I was hoping some of you guys could tell me what to expect. I'm considering USC, Cal Poly Pomona, and UC Berkley, so anywhere in that general area. thanks!

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    illinoisgolf99:
    hey all you socal BOTL's, I am considering moving out to socal for grad school in the next year or so and was worried about how much the cost of living is there compared to here in s. illinois.
    Would that be "so ill"?
    illinoisgolf99:
    i've heard it's expensive, and I was hoping some of you guys could tell me what to expect. I'm considering USC, Cal Poly Pomona, and UC Berkley, so anywhere in that general area. thanks!
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess Pomona is cheaper than LA or SF/Berkeley. That's some mighty good schools to pick from, though.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    illinoisgolf99:
    I'm considering USC, Cal Poly Pomona, and UC Berkley, so anywhere in that general area. thanks!

If you go to UC:B, hit me up! I'm hoping to transfer there Fall 2011 or 2012.

I can't speak for USC or Cal Poly, but my brother lives in a 2 bedroom apartment in Berkeley (Berkeley is definitely not Southern California) with a roommate and he's paying $2000 a month with split rent and utilities, but you can certainly find a smaller place for less. You also should factor in that you probably won't need a car since you can pretty much walk or bike anywhere.

Sorry I can't help more, I still live with my father =(
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    I know absolutely nothing about this particular predicate. So I will say this

boobs
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Alex Williams:

boobs
    Good call
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    illinoisgolf99:
    hey all you socal BOTL's, I am considering moving out to socal for grad school in the next year or so and was worried about how much the cost of living is there compared to here in s. illinois.. i've heard it's expensive, and I was hoping some of you guys could tell me what to expect. I'm considering USC, Cal Poly Pomona, and UC Berkley, so anywhere in that general area. thanks!

I live in the Sacramento Area more Northern California, Yeah California isnt the Cheapest place to live, Taxes Suck,Cigar tax is INSANE. But it is what it is. Weather is INcredibly Great. Tons of great schools, La Area Is NUTS, way crazy. Yes BOOBS.......
    No Matter how you slice it the cost of living is Hugh everywhere , you just have to go for it. GoodLuck!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    illinoisgolf99:
    The only thing I would suggest is that University of Texas at Austin has a beautiful campus......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    lilwing88:
    illinoisgolf99:
    The only thing I would suggest is that University of Texas at Austin has a beautiful campus......
    +1 love me some long horn women
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Alex Williams:

boobs
    Mmmmmm, I like boobs.