Home Non Cigar Related

Any cops from Texas on this forum

I wanted to ask some questions....Pm me please

Comments

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Purofreak is one----shoot him a PM (pardon the pun) he knows his stuff.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Yes. It's illegal even if you're "holding it for a friend." Okay?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I spent 11 years as a cop in Missouri but Texas is another country.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    lol..dont worry im not in trouble..just wanted to ask more about their police departments and what not....dont know if i want to join CHP or go to texas...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    lol..dont worry im not in trouble..just wanted to ask more about their police departments and what not....dont know if i want to join CHP or go to texas...
    Texas all the way, baby. As a cop, I know how little we get paid and how little we are valued by the public in general. If I had it to do all over again, I'd move to Texas. Better cost of living and a higher appreciation for the police. Plus, NO INCOME TAX in Texas!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    yeah trust me texas as my name written all over it...havent been yet but will this summer...plus i just bought a house here which my roommate will take over and rent for a few years or so, but i bought a 1050sq ft house with decent yard on .10 of a acre in a decent neighborhood but not excellent for 107k....in texas i just found a 3800sq ft two story house, on .85 acres, no hao fees,5 bed, 4 bath, wiht a library that looked like the guy turned it into a smoking room, in a really really nice area near dallas, for 250k....Thats more then worth the money to me..lol...and no income tax couldnt be better!
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Shoot me a PM bro. I'll answer any questions I can and help out however I can. I've been working in the Texas Law enforcement family for a few years now.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Yes. It's illegal even if you're "holding it for a friend." Okay?
    haha, lol
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Texas all the way, baby. As a cop, I know how little we get paid and how little we are valued by the public in general. If I had it to do all over again, I'd move to Texas. Better cost of living and a higher appreciation for the police. Plus, NO INCOME TAX in Texas!!!
    So if I get a parking ticket at next months Chicago B&M event...you know people? LOL
    Dark Roast:
    lilwing88:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    So if I get a parking ticket at next months Chicago B&M event...you know people? LOL
    yeah but Texas is really F'd up... I lived there for about a year, I won't be going back.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    phobicsquirrel:
    yeah but Texas is really F'd up... I lived there for about a year, I won't be going back.
    Explain.
    mrpillow:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Explain.
    lol, I didn't want to make anyone upset but I just had a bad time there. Though the food I had was great. Sort of like florida, didn't like that either though Disney world is there so I might to back...
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Dude Florida is so much more than WDW. We liked it better before it came. That's right, we like it rural and slow and Orlando is so "somewhere else" if I couldn't live in North Florida, Texas would be my 2nd choice.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Whereabouts did you live Squirrel?
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    mrpillow:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Explain.
    lol, I didn't want to make anyone upset but I just had a bad time there. Though the food I had was great. Sort of like florida, didn't like that either though Disney world is there so I might to back...
    WOW I know alot of interesting stories come out of Texas but I don't know about F'd up! I did live in Orlando for five years and I thought Disney and Universal Studios sucked I loved the fact that Cocoa Beach and Daytona beach were only a hour away> I used to love getting to either beach at 6am and lay down on blanket to listen to all nature had to offer. Then later the restaurants/bars on beach would open alowing me to listen to all the humans had to offer! Live Love and Enjoy!
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    When I think of Texas Law Enforcement, I think of policing in the good ole days wild west style! Definetly not that way here in Atlanta but its still not a bad gig
    Squirral you must be a first to not like texas...ive talked to numerous upon numerous people and not one person had anything bad to say about it...but hey...then again i hated Walt Disney World and florida all together wasnt horrible...i just have no desire to ever go there...that and hawaii....overrated places to me
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My law enforcement expereince is all in NY. I can tell you no matter where you work as a cop, it is a brotherhood unlike any other. I've been all over the country and in Canada and Ireland and you are immediately accepted once they know you're a brother/sister cop.

Good luck whatever area you choose.
    Thanks Man! Yeah i cant wait to get into the force
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    JZ:
    When I think of Texas Law Enforcement, I think of policing in the good ole days wild west style! Definetly not that way here in Atlanta but its still not a bad gig
    Well that's not exactly how it is here in Texas either. lol But I have to say Texas is a great state to live and and a great place to work. The absence of a state income tax is one of the great parts that's for sure! Not only do you get to keep more of your own money, but it's a lot quicker to file your taxes at the end of the year! I assure you, Texas is not an F'd up place to live. Plus the women in Texas are some of the hottest in the world. A survey done by the PGA tour asked which city the visit has the best looking women, and a large majority of the the players said Dallas. Yet another perk! haha
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    And with HOT women, you cant go wrong!! I'm enroute!
    ditto
  • You've got a brother here in Tennessee as well, incase you need anything in the Nashville area :) Once you step beyond that blue line, things change forever. It's a sacrifice, most officers will let you know that up front. Good luck in TX! I wish we prosecuted people here like they do down there :)
    thanks sherlock...hey i hear illinoise called national guard to help with their pd cuz crime is getting bad? true?