Home Cigar 101

Newb needing help with what it all means?

Can someone clear these up for me. The beard. Bombs. Passes. Help me understand so I can grow to be a big boy cigar man.

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    The beard is tim blythe. You see him in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. He is your key to health, happiness, and all the women in the universe. By day, a cigar master, a customer service guru, and the lion tamer of Alex Svenson. By night, he teaches Brad Pitt how to look good. If the earth was struck by a giant asteroid, they would use the genes found in the beard to recreate the earth.....only better. Some conspiracy theorists suggest the government is going to blow the earth up, just so the beard can recreate it

A bomb is when forum member sends another forum member a ton of sticks unexpectadly. Expecting the favor to be returned later.

I'll let someone else explain a Pass.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    If you look to the bottom left of your screen the deity smoking a cigar is know as the Beard....
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    ironhorse:
    The beard is tim blythe. You see him in the bottom left hand corner of the screen. He is your key to health, happiness, and all the women in the universe. By day, a cigar master, a customer service guru, and the lion tamer of Alex Svenson. By night, he teaches Brad Pitt how to look good. If the earth was struck by a giant asteroid, they would use the genes found in the beard to recreate the earth.....only better. Some conspiracy theorists suggest the government is going to blow the earth up, just so the beard can recreate it

A bomb is when forum member sends another forum member a ton of sticks unexpectadly. Expecting the favor to be returned later.

I would amend this a bit....bombs are indeed when one BOTL (Brother of the Leaf - a fellow cigar enthusiast) sends another an unsolicited package of cigars and/or cigar related items unexpectedly. However, I would generally say that it's more on account of the generosity of the sender, versus an expectation of future reciprocation. Obviously, there is a precedent of the receiver reciprocating, but as far as bombs go it's generally not expected.

A pass is when several BOTL sign up, and one BOTL starts it. The starter fills up a box with several cigars - 10 to 20 or more - and it is sent to each signed-up BOTL one at a time. When you get it, take a couple and put in a couple, then pass it along to the next signed-up BOTL. At the end, it goes back to the starter, ideally with numerous different cigars.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Hays:
    ironhorse:

I would amend this a bit....bombs are indeed when one BOTL (Brother of the Leaf - a fellow cigar enthusiast) sends another an unsolicited package of cigars and/or cigar related items unexpectedly. However, I would generally say that it's more on account of the generosity of the sender, versus an expectation of future reciprocation. Obviously, there is a precedent of the receiver reciprocating, but as far as bombs go it's generally not expected.

This. A bomb is an act of generosity and/or appreciation. No return bomb expected.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    The Beard is the hardest target, and most sought-after prey in THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

... or at least on my thread! I KEEL HIM! :-)

Better watch out - 'cos Im the assassin!

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    A bomb is an act of generosity and/or appreciation. No return bomb expected.
    yes.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    When Tim gets done smoking a cigar, the cigar nub smells like The Beard
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    The Beard is the hardest target, and most sought-after prey in THE ENTIRE WORLD!!!

... or at least on my thread! I KEEL HIM! :-)

Better watch out - 'cos Im the assassin!

This guy is sniping tons of members. Its easy to get "the beards" address, this so called sniper, the forum and I think he might have lit up a joint instead of cigar......lol.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I got one, what is B&M? Is it a specific store or a generic term?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Brick & Mortar - your typical storefront cigar place
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    ironhorse:

Just stumbled across this,,lol
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    TOO MUCH...LOL
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    +1 - LOL
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok what's BORK mean?
  • MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Rhamlin:
    Ok what's BORK mean?
    BOTL but your fingers are off one key for the TL part. So it is RK.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I've seen BORK alot, I know what BOTL means.Unless it's like you said and people have hit the wrong key or spell check kicked in.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Rhamlin:
    No I've seen BORK alot, I know what BOTL means.Unless it's like you said and people have hit the wrong key or spell check kicked in.
    It was a typo by someone on this board, when trying to type BOTL. It was funny, and catchy sounding, so it became a bit of a running joke. Thus the BORK was born.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    docbp87:
    Rhamlin:
    It was a typo by someone on this board, when trying to type BOTL. It was funny, and catchy sounding, so it became a bit of a running joke. Thus the BORK was born.
    Check with Wwhwang, the "Fat fingered creator of BORK's"