Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

187 by Esteban Carreras Maduro Toro

lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
This a 6 x 50 stick. Medium to full body. Full strength.

Nicaraguan puro at $6 retail.

Pre Light: Has a nice shiny wrapper with minimal veins. Double cap. Nice constrution. Very spongey to the touch. Smells of sweet tobacco with a hint of chocolate. Used a double guillotine cutter and a single flame torch lighter to toast.

First third: Right off the bat, it's very smooth. Perfect draw, lots of thick heavy smoke. A little pepper on the finish. Rich, smooth tobacco flavor. Burn is razor sharp. Very full strength. A big rush of nicotine right away. Good thing I'm sitting down for this. Picking up notes of milk chocolate and cream. Very nice.

Second third: Strength is picking up. This is up there with the Edge and the El Legendario. Still very smooth. Burn is consistent. Smoke out put is getting heavier and thicker. Flavors have progessed to a sweeter chocolate and some earthiness on the finish.

Last third: This is a pretty quick smoke. It burns fast but good. Flavors are still consistent, as well as strength and body. I'm really enjoying this one. Smoked it down to about an inch and a half nub. Very delicious, overall.

Total burn time is just over an hour.

This is a "must try" for any maduro fan. It ranks up in my top 5 maduros right now. And at this price point, it will be a regular in my rotation. The owner of my B&M says they come in a nice box that can be recycled as a humidor. It's a real nice looking black lacquer box that holds 60 of these. The box comes with 30 Toros and 30 Torpedos. I'm gonna start saving up for a box.
Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..

Comments

• Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds good, I'll have to keep my eyes open for one of these.