Home Non Cigar Related

Cigar.com ever divert your attention?

Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
In thirty five years of cooking this has never happened before. I get home. Put a couple of nice fresh made Hot Italian sausages on grill. OK so far. Have a couple of shots of Tequila and a Corona and start reading/replying to threads. I get up and the sausages are burnt to hell with grill maxed out at 500 degrees. Where did those thirty minutes go? Yes at least thirty minutes because sausages look like fresh steamed dog $hit on an ice cold side walk! Oh well the beer and Tequila were good. Has this Cigar.Com forum ever diverted your attention from something important?

Comments

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get "cigar" distracted all the time.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Just every day. The wife will loudly state, I am talking to you before I realized what just happened.
  • DaveTheRookie09DaveTheRookie09 Posts: 58
    The worst thing Home Depot did was give us Tool Rental people internet access... I am on here non stop when ever I dont have a customer!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    What do you think I do at work...

• cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    stephen_hannibal:

+1
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    stephen_hannibal:

+1
    I use my friend's I-phone internet >.>
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I've been meaning to go smoke a cigar for the last 20 minutes, yet somehow I find myself still f*cking around on the forum.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    I've been meaning to go smoke a cigar for the last 20 minutes, yet somehow I find myself still f*cking around on the forum.
    Go Joe, it'll be here when you get back...
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Sometimes I start to.... OH, Shiny!
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I say to the wife..."uh hu, uh hu, uh hu".....doing it right now...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    j0z3r:
    Go Joe, it'll be here when you get back...
    I clicked off and went out for my cigar after posting that...and sure enough the forum is still here, phew!! :)
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Dark Roast:
    Has this Cigar.Com forum ever diverted your attention from something important?
    its doing it right now.

i mean seriously...
    ever see my post count?

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    I'm sorry honey, I couldn't hear you...what was that? Wish I could just put that on notepad and copy /paste it!!!

Reminds me of a friend that came home three sheets to the wind, set some brats on - then proceeded to nearly burn down his apt. complex down when he fell asleep on the crapper.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    j0z3r:
    I do this all the time. "I got plenty of time for a smoke, but I should check the forums really quick." An hour later I've got to get ready to leave the house and I end up not smoking.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    wife used to get pissed at me all the time, but I bought her a kindle and loaded the Twilight book series on it and gave it to her...now she is the one "distracted" mmuuuhahahahahahahaa

"Long ashes my friends."

• YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only get distracted several times a day, every day, no more than that.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ccom divert my attention, no never. Wait whats that over there... Shiny!!!!!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I was actualy almost late to work today because I was reading through a thread and lost track of time! This site is AMAZING though, so it would be worth being late...
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    LOL ME TOO!
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    j0z3r:
    LOL ME TOO!
    I'm having this problem right now actualy... and I can't decide what I want for dinner becuase all I can think about are cigars...
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I'll get off my laptop and go sit in my recliner and watch TV and end up here on my phone.... Sometimes I hear a "ringing" noise from the side and realize that she's been talking to me for a while and I've been nodding....
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Dark Roast:
    Has this Cigar.Com forum ever diverted your attention from something important?
    its doing it right now.

i mean seriously...
    ever see my post count?

LOL
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    LMAO! Glad to see I am not only one to lose track of time on this forum! Thanks for your feedback.
  • LCarLCar Posts: 57
    Hahaha yes many times, I have been late leaving the house many times because if I have a particular comment or question that I would like an answer to, I like to leave it in the morning before I go to work, because then by the time I get home, I am sure that some of you good folks will have a response for me. Not to mention I like to look at the cigars.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    fla-gypsy:
    Just every day. The wife will loudly state, I am talking to you before I realized what just happened.
    That's exactly what I get , except she adds "oh, you're off in cigarland"
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Just had a girl break up with me because I spent more time on the computer and paying attention to my phone then to her....or something like that. I can't really remember because I was on here.