Home Non Cigar Related

Headed to Poland!

ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
So, I have mentioned it here a couple of times but I am about to take off to Poland for about 27 days. I am leaving May 3rd and am supposed to return on about the 29th. I will be going for work, not for fun, but it should still be a pretty good time. There are 10 of us going as part of a pre-deployment training team for the Polish Army. We will be training them on a few of the things we do while deployed and teaching them about our job. Sundays will be our days off, and there are "culture trips" planned for those days. It sounds like it will be a pretty great experience for all involved. This will also be my first time in Europe for more than just a few hours while waiting for a plane.

As far as I know right now, there will be VERY limited internet access so I doubt I will be on here are all while I am gone. I just wanted to let everyone know, I know some of you (Phil and Tony mostly) that will miss me :-P

Comments

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Good luck and enjoy! I always hated coming back and wishing I had done this or tried that. They give you the opportunity of a lifetime and pay you to do it, so enjoy it to the fullest! P.S. try to get a pic of those subs with the screen doors.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Have a ball over there man! And birng us all back some authentic Polish cigars... I hear they light both ends! LMAO! :-)

Seriously, hope you get to see lots of Europe. Come home safe!

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Hey Evan. We will all miss you bro'. Have a great time. How many sticks are you bringing with you?
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Have fun, man...I would love a trip like that. If you meet any other Lukasiaks over there, tell em I say hey.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Hey Evan. We will all miss you bro'. Have a great time. How many sticks are you bringing with you?
    I have a 15 count travel humi, so as many as that will hold. I might have to bring a few in a plastic bag or something though, I doubt I will have enough for myself in a 15ct. traveler... Not to mention, everyone will want a cigar, just for the novelty of it. I might have to call in some reinforcements from Jeff Jackson if I can get an address out there!
    Luko:
    Have fun, man...I would love a trip like that. If you meet any other Lukasiaks over there, tell em I say hey.
    HA Will do brother!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Sounds like great life experience, man. Enjoy!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Good times dude... learn something new everyday
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    urbino:
    Sounds like great life experience, man. Enjoy!

+1 Something to tell the grandkids about! Enjoy!

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Here's a tip for you, brother: I don't know where you'll be in Poland, but if you end up anywhere near Warsaw or Krakow and you meet any of the local ladies, tell them your from Chicago. No foolin. There are more Polish people in Chicago, than in any city in Poland. And most of them are from Krakow and Warsaw. They'll be all over you because they will be so excited at the possibility that you know one of their relatives.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    So, I have mentioned it here a couple of times but I am about to take off to Poland for about 27 days. I am leaving May 3rd and am supposed to return on about the 29th. I will be going for work, not for fun, but it should still be a pretty good time. There are 10 of us going as part of a pre-deployment training team for the Polish Army. We will be training them on a few of the things we do while deployed and teaching them about our job. Sundays will be our days off, and there are "culture trips" planned for those days. It sounds like it will be a pretty great experience for all involved. This will also be my first time in Europe for more than just a few hours while waiting for a plane.

As far as I know right now, there will be VERY limited internet access so I doubt I will be on here are all while I am gone. I just wanted to let everyone know, I know some of you (Phil and Tony mostly) that will miss me :-P
    Sweet man. I never made it over there while in the Army, but plan on hitting up Europe in the near future. Be safe.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:

Evan of course I will miss you brother! As always let me know if there is anything that you need/want when you are there, to include sticks. I might be able to spare 1 or 2. Stay safe Battle and you have my e-mail/contact info so keep in touch while you are gone.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Wow, sounds like an AWESOME trip! So... I owe you some sticks for the "make a wish" thread and I've got a 6 pack of beer for you. That's clearly going to have to wait until you get back. Not sure what to do about the make a wish thread...

So when you get to Poland and actually have an address, PM it to me and I'll send you a few sticks!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    safe travels and have a few Sausages for ME! ROTFLMAO! See you when you get Back or some Cafe' Time!
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    ejenne87:
    training team for the Polish Army.
    I read this and my head almost exploded with all the jokes running through. But have a good and safe trip.
    So things have changed, as they often do in the Military, and I am leaving on Sunday now. Not that it really changes much for me (except for how drunk I can get on Saturday!) because I don't have any family. I doubt that I will be able to get to a computer, so enjoy your time without me! Tomorrow will be my last day on the forums for about 4 weeks...