Home General Discussion

Wireless Hygrometer

So I was walking through Walmart today and saw these Hygro's that have a wireless display. There is a box that you mount wherever you want and a display that would work up to 300ft away. I was just wondering if anyone has used something like this in a humidor. Something like a cooler or even a cabinet without a glass front just so they didnt have to open the humidor every time they wanted to check the Rh. They have a good price at like $24.

Comments

• minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    No experience personally, but very interested as well.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    What section in Wal-Mart did you see these?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    We sell them where I work as well. $19.99 for one that shows indoor/outdoor temp and humidity.
  • Sol1821Sol1821 Posts: 707 ✭✭
    Is there anything out there that will display multiple readings on one screen, so you could have a sensor in each humi and just one unit to read the humidity off??
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    mrpillow:
    We sell them where I work as well. $19.99 for one that shows indoor/outdoor temp and humidity.
    I want one! Where do you work mrpillow?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    Academy Sports and Outdoors.

I've seen a few units on the internet that accept multiple transmitters and you can cycle through the channels for different readings.
  • KCWKCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    I would strongly suggest making sure they can be calibrated before purchasing.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I have a weather station that can do this I put the little box where ever I want and it reads on a digital station in my living room. I put it in my humi and didn't get a straight reading I guess it needed to be in a bigger area because when I have it outside it is spot on. Too bad because I was going to use on in both of my humidors so I wouldn't have to open the lid but it didn't work so o well