Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel

I gota say this is for the most part the epitome of a stellar maduro. Beautiful burn and ash with incredible retention, the gorgeous peppered and chambered straight tube of ash naturally feel twice, once just past the halfway mark and then at the finger burning finish. Just a hint of sweetness through out mixed with bold constant and balanced flavors of espresso, dark chocolate and some earth. Really nice looking dark wrapper with little to no flaws. the only thing I did not like was the buzz.. I smoked it slow as to avoid it and although it was not as bad as some that I have experienced I still got it and I simply hate that feeling... However the flavor was so good it made up for that one con. This is def THE maduro for the full bodied fans.

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    +1..... I really liked this maduro. It's been a while since I've revisited this one. I keep meaning to, but you know how it is. So many sticks to try, so little time.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    lilwing88:
    +1..... I really liked this maduro. It's been a while since I've revisited this one. I keep meaning to, but you know how it is. So many sticks to try, so little time.
    +1 to that. I think my "backlog" is 50+ sticks.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Cigar impairment is one of the benchmarks I am looking for in a good full bodied stick!
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I smoke these pretty regularly and dig them a lot. I never seem to get the power factor that others talk about, but then again my tolerance is pretty built up. Great stick though. I tend to find the flavors more meaty and peppery most of the time, but sometimes get the chocolaty/coffee flavors toward the end.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    Enjoyable for sure. I agree that this a great Maduro for full body lovers. I don't usually get the knocked on my butt feeling, but it does have good strength. Great with a Guiness!
  • pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    any ideas for liquor pairing?
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    pnaylon:
    any ideas for liquor pairing?
    Everything goes excellent with Eagle Rare 10yo single barrel bourbon... pour that stuff on a leather boot and it'd be good. haha