Home Non Cigar Related

NFL Draft

What the F will all the trades? What the F did the damn Pats do?

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Kept seeing how high the Broncos were on Clausen, then they did all that trading and wound up with Tebow instead. WTF is right!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    How about the team that plays in my city ...... the Buffalo Bills ...... they selected the lowest rated player in the draft .... troup in the second round .... his rating is a 5.3 .... the next lowest player with the lowest thats been selected is 6.1 ....... seeing the fact that we dont have a real quarterback and other needs ..... yea we made some good pics .......
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Not a big fan of my team's draft either...i do like our first rounder, but questioning our second and third rounders.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I think my team (Browns) have had a good draft. I am not too sure about there first pick in the second round. I heard he cant cover much but is a big hitter so we will have to see. But getting Colt McCoy at the 85th pick I think is going to be great. He is coming into a good situation with them already having a QB for the next 2 years so he can sit and learn. And have Mike Holmgren the QB Guru sure cant hurt either.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Has any team drafted more TE's in the draft than the Pats over the last 5-7 years? Its approaching 2 a year I think!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    kingjk729:
    How about the team that plays in my city ...... the Buffalo Bills ...... they selected the lowest rated player in the draft .... troup in the second round .... his rating is a 5.3 .... the next lowest player with the lowest thats been selected is 6.1 ....... seeing the fact that we dont have a real quarterback and other needs ..... yea we made some good pics .......
    I'm still scratching my head on that one. C.J. Spiller was a decent pick. But when they came up in the second round, me and my buddy both said they were going to take a QB. Clausen and McCoy were both there. And then pick some no-name DT. I don't care how you spin it, that just doesn't make sense to me.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    My Bears couldn't pick until the 3rd round this year, thanks to that God-awful trade for Cutler last year. Denver gets Tebow in the 1st round and we get a f***ing bulls**t Safety with only 3 interceptions last season........

Unfrickin real......
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    BTW Claussen sucks...... just sayin.
    ljl:
    Kept seeing how high the Broncos were on Clausen, then they did all that trading and wound up with Tebow instead. WTF is right!
    IMHO, Tebow is a much better choice than Claussen. Claussen is small, stuck-up and he played for ND. That's three strikes, in my book. Tebow is a giant, will only get bigger and stronger and is very coachable.

Too bad Denver got rid of Marshall. Hopefully Tebow will have someone to throw to on some short patterns......
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    lilwing88:
    My Bears couldn't pick until the 3rd round this year, thanks to that God-awful trade for Cutler last year. Denver gets Tebow in the 1st round and we get a f***ing bulls**t Safety with only 3 interceptions last season........

Unfrickin real......
    Cutler aint the problem bro. Until we get rid of Lovie & (more importantly) Angelo, its just gonna be more of the same-o, same-o year after year. Look at this offseason - we picked up Julius Peppers - HELL YEAH! And follow that up by releasing Alex Brown, our only consistent lineman from the last few years. But hey - at least we kept Tommie Harris & his knees... and Mark Anderson. MARK ANDERSON????

Im hoping against hope that the new coaches & coordinators will make some sort of difference. If not, its gonna be another long ugly year.

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I'm decompressing after watching all 7 rounds. I'm not thrilled with my Dolphins' draft. It's not that I have anything against any of the kids we took, particularly. It's that in the 3rd year of a 5-year rebuilding effort, we shouldn't still be having to draft "versatile" guys who "can contribute on special teams."

As for Tebow, I think Josh McDaniel sealed his fate with that one. Especially with giving up so many picks to get him. I just don't see the kid ever becoming a solid NFL qb.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    gdsim1:
    lilwing88:

Unfrickin real......
    Cutler aint the problem bro. Until we get rid of Lovie & (more importantly) Angelo, its just gonna be more of the same-o, same-o year after year. Look at this offseason - we picked up Julius Peppers - HELL YEAH! And follow that up by releasing Alex Brown, our only consistent lineman from the last few years. But hey - at least we kept Tommie Harris & his knees... and Mark Anderson. MARK ANDERSON????

Im hoping against hope that the new coaches & coordinators will make some sort of difference. If not, its gonna be another long ugly year.

hey hey hey... don't be talking smack about Mark. He's a Bama boy. Gotta stick up for em! haha
    urbino:
    I'm decompressing after watching all 7 rounds. I'm not thrilled with my Dolphins' draft. It's not that I have anything against any of the kids we took, particularly. It's that in the 3rd year of a 5-year rebuilding effort, we shouldn't still be having to draft "versatile" guys who "can contribute on special teams."

As for Tebow, I think Josh McDaniel sealed his fate with that one. Especially with giving up so many picks to get him. I just don't see the kid ever becoming a solid NFL qb.

Yep...my problem with the pick too. One thing that was evident at the pro day - this guy can't throw. Agree that if he does not succeed, McDaniels is out in Denver. Just like most NFL teams we can't afford to totally lose out on a pick - hurts the team for years down the road...

And enjoy Marshall, he'll be on the field less than you think.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    cholmes8310:
    gdsim1:
    lilwing88:

Unfrickin real......

hey hey hey... don't be talking smack about Mark. He's a Bama boy. Gotta stick up for em! haha
    They can have him back! LOL

ljl:
    urbino:

Yep...my problem with the pick too. One thing that was evident at the pro day - this guy can't throw. Agree that if he does not succeed, McDaniels is out in Denver. Just like most NFL teams we can't afford to totally lose out on a pick - hurts the team for years down the road...

Heh. Well, if he plays at all, we'll get more out of him than we did from a full season of Ted Ginn.
    urbino:
    ljl:
    urbino:

Heh. Well, if he plays at all, we'll get more out of him than we did from a full season of Ted Ginn.

He is a beast when he is on the field. Seems like it's always something though. He once got to "wrestling" with his brother while on vacation, then missed some time in training camp because they smashed a TV in the process. Cut his hand all up during that one.

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:

Agree wholeheartedly on Tebow/McDaniel. Tebow may be very coachable, I just don't think he'll ever amount to much as a quarterback. Like Todd McShay said, he was the best fullback in the draft. Some of the most productive college QBs ever just weren't cut out for the pros, i.e. David Klingler, Gino Toretta.
  • nsezellnsezell Posts: 294
    I was pretty pumped about this draft, one of my buddies got picked up in the 5th round.

And also...Tim Tebow Sucks...
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Luko:
    urbino:

Agree wholeheartedly on Tebow/McDaniel. Tebow may be very coachable, I just don't think he'll ever amount to much as a quarterback. Like Todd McShay said, he was the best fullback in the draft. Some of the most productive college QBs ever just weren't cut out for the pros, i.e. David Klingler, Gino Toretta.

Ryan Leaf.... Charlie Ward.. oh wait that SOB went to basketball not to add more but I fully agree with what Luko said Tebow is a fullback/Option QB but ya don't run the Option in the NFL he could be a flippin awesome fullback like Mike Alstott but I think they goofed if they're gonna put him behind the Center
    nsezell:
    I was pretty pumped about this draft, one of my buddies got picked up in the 5th round.
    That's pretty dang cool. Who was it?