Home Ratings & Reviews

Oliva Serie V

KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
Well, I had my first Serie V last night after dinner. I paired it with some Gentleman Jack and I'd have to say it was a damn good cigar. Probably one of the best ones I've had in awhile. I am definitely going to be getting some more of these.

"Long ashes my friends."

Comments

• taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I agree. I still remember the first time I smoked one of these- the impression was that good.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I smoked my first V about 2 weeks ago and was impressed. Excellent stick.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Boy, what took you guys so long? If you have a chance to get one of the '08 try them, They are better then the new ones. IMO
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I have one of the double robustos I've been sitting on since last sept.
    Saving for a birthday smoke.
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    I have 10 in the coolerdor from March Madness.
    I'm waiting for the end of the semester to smoke one.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Best Oliva in the line. I love these things.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    Better than the Master Blends?? Those are by far my favorite Oliva. But the V is pretty outstanding!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Better than the Master Blends?? Those are by far my favorite Oliva. But the V is pretty outstanding!
    I think the V is better than the MB 2 and 3, don't know about the MB1...yet.
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    yet, meaning you have at least one of them?! WOW enjoy that one brother!
    One torpedo, definitely a special occasion cigar...now if only a special occasion would roll around. :)
    j0z3r:
    One torpedo, definitely a special occasion cigar...now if only a special occasion would roll around. :)
    You made it through a Monday, special enough for just about anything I think :-P
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    You made it through a Monday, special enough for just about anything I think :-P
    Now you're talking...heck, I fell off my bike and didn't break anything...bust out the HMR!!! Big Smile [:D]
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    Now you're talking...heck, I fell off my bike and didn't break anything...bust out the HMR!!! Big Smile [:D]
    If you have one of those and it wasn't a gift from Donald Trump you are a mad-man! ha
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    Better than MB III (which is the only MB I've had) in my opinion.
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    j0z3r:
    If you have one of those and it wasn't a gift from Donald Trump you are a mad-man! ha
    haha, I kinda wish I had one just to say I have/had one, and eventually say I smoked one. But since I'm not independently wealthy and not one to pursue every expensive cigar (just some of them) chances are I'll never have an HMR and that's ok with me. Something tells me that cigar would be 7.5 inches of buyer's remorse. Smile [:)]
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    ejenne87:
    bigharpoon:
    i agree.

...circle gets the square
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    I have one more Maduro 08 and a few 09 left. I do enjoy them a lot but I found that I needed to let them rest for a long time before they got good.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Boy, what took you guys so long? If you have a chance to get one of the '08 try them, They are better then the new ones. IMO
    You mean the maddies? BTW yes, the V's both nat and mad are terrific.