Home Ratings & Reviews

Tatuaje Verocu

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Anyone smoke the red tubos? Just did a review on it, phenomenal cigar.

Comments

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I've smoked a couple of these and have a couple more resting in the humi. Fantastic smoke and I didn't have any burn issues with either one and had so much flavor. I hope to pick up a few more of these soon.
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I am not mistaken in that it is VERY unique cigar in terms of flavor? I got this butter flavor that was phenomenal!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Is it best to store these with or without the cap on the tube???

I've had one in the humi for a couple weeks in the tube. Should I take the cap off and let it rest a while longer?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
    Especially with the metal tubos, I like to remove them completely. As I understand it, beyond looking awesome, the tubos is just to protect while moving/shipping. I would take it out of the tube completely, as I've heard it actually imparts a metallic taste. Anybody have any thoughts?
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    betasynn:
    I've heard it actually imparts a metallic taste.
    ive never once heard that. soes your silverware impart a metallic taste on your food? the only way this would transfer taste is if the metal was somehow corroding or if loose bits of metal were shearing of the inside of the tube.

all tubes ive seen have a cedar lining in them (except glass ones). beyond the cushion, one can only assume that the cedar gives flavor.

tubes do protect. however, they do slow down the aging process. since tubes have very little air exchange, cigars will age slowly in them. if you want to speed up the process, take the cap off.

personally, i like to keep the cap on. the slow aging process and constant contact with cedar (IMHO) can only do good things.

i like to think that the air that is in tubes is "cigar air" and the cigar in the tube is "marinading" in the tube. i know thats not true, but it makes me feel good.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:

i like to think that the air that is in tubes is "cigar air" and the cigar in the tube is "marinading" in the tube. i know thats not true, but it makes me feel good.

Wow a cigar marinading just sounds delicious!

Well, the metal should be corroding, very slowly. Aluminum would corrode in the presence of humidity.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I've had both the red and black tubos. Both were phenomenal, but I had burn problems with both. With the black it was really hard to get it to burn right and spoilded the stick for me. I will try them both again and hope it was just bad sticks.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    I had the same problem with the Black and it's caused me to not want to try the Red. maybe I should just to see what all the fuss is about. Evan really likes these a lot and he and I have similar tastes
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    dennisking:
    I had the same problem with the Black and it's caused me to not want to try the Red. maybe I should just to see what all the fuss is about. Evan really likes these a lot and he and I have similar tastes
    Dude, that was the best smoke I have ever had! It was unbelievable man. I didn't have a single burn issue, it was laser straight the entire time. My only "complaint" is that it was rolled just a tiny bit tight, but that loosened right up with a 'squeeze and roll' technique. There was TONS! of smoke, and even more delicious flavor! I am going to have to buy up as many of these as I can find I think...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Just had one to celebrate Phil's new addition and and all i can say is WOW!!!! It was absolutely PERFECT. No burn issues, amazing flavor, and just plain goodness. This is very very close to my favorite cigar (MoW Ruination) and i am pretty sure it is a tie. Just plain good! Will post pics tomorrow probably.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    dennisking:
    Dude, that was the best smoke I have ever had! It was unbelievable man. I didn't have a single burn issue, it was laser straight the entire time. My only "complaint" is that it was rolled just a tiny bit tight, but that loosened right up with a 'squeeze and roll' technique. There was TONS! of smoke, and even more delicious flavor! I am going to have to buy up as many of these as I can find I think...
    sounds like I need to try one of these. I need to beef up the old Paypal account so I can get some more sticks. This goes on the list for sure. I guess I need to revisit the Black Tubo as well.
    Imma smoke the black tubo soon, possibly this weekend.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    Just had one to celebrate Phil's new addition and and all i can say is WOW!!!! It was absolutely PERFECT. No burn issues, amazing flavor, and just plain goodness. This is very very close to my favorite cigar (MoW Ruination) and i am pretty sure it is a tie. Just plain good! Will post pics tomorrow probably.
    You sent me one that I gotta try this week. Hopefully I'll have time after dinner tonight.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Williams:
    You sent me one that I gotta try this week. Hopefully I'll have time after dinner tonight.
    I got to smoke this one last night. VERY good. Taste was fantastic. I had a few burn issues, had to touch it up pretty often, but it didn't affect the flavors. Thanks for a great celebratory stick, Alex!