Home General Discussion

xikar cutter going blunt

I use a Xikar folding cutter. Over the last week it's been cutting the first half then crushing the insides. Anyone know the best way to sharpen the blades?

Comments

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    send it back to xikar. They sharpen or replace for free.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Recently had a problem with my brand-new 007 punch going dull... sent it in to Xikar & had a replacement in return in about a week, no questions asked!

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Ross - Thanks for bringing this up. My Xicar is haveing some dull issues. Great feedback!
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Is sent my xikar lighter to them 2 weeks ago when it quit working. Had a new one in my mailbox a week later. Great service!
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    Best part to me about the Xikar warranty, besides being no questions asked, is that the B&M I bought mine from does the replacement. I walked in when my torch broke, handed it to them, they handed me another right then and there. EXCELLENT service from Xikar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Xikar Forever!!!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    That Xikar warranty is why I keep buying their stuff - love 'em
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    cholmes8310:
    Best part to me about the Xikar warranty, besides being no questions asked, is that the B&M I bought mine from does the replacement. I walked in when my torch broke, handed it to them, they handed me another right then and there. EXCELLENT service from Xikar.
    I had the same experience when my buddy broke my Xikar cutter. I walked into my B&M and 5 minutes later I walked out with a brand new cutter just like it. That's damn good customer service!
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I don't have a local xikar dealer but I would def. drive an hour to a B&M I know that does carry them if I had a problem. I know that I would walk out with a new one.