Home General Discussion

Kids...gotta love em

Last night I come upstairs to find my two boys (3yo. and 2yo.) asleep on the ground and covered in thousands of tiny beads. The two of em stumbled across my new shipment of humidity beads and thought it would be fun to open the package and throw them at each other. One pound of beads spread across the entire room from table to bed under the dresser, in the carpet everywhere. They had so much fun they fell asleep in the big mess they made. I was severely ticked off that I just lost my whole shipment, but what you gonna do but laugh. I put em to bed and it took several hours to clean it all up. Kids....whatcha gonna do.... BTW the beads should still be good yeah? i cleaned most of em off and put em in a mesh bag. there is obviously some dust or whatever in there, but should still work yeah?

Comments

• HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Oh wow that kinda sucks, but yeah, what can ya do?? lol... I think they should be fine. If they blow up or discolor when you charge them, maybe then they're not so good.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Don't know about the beads. Hope you took a picture though. Kids are so cute at that age!
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    they will be fine, carpet lint, boogers, and all
  • jpclotfelterjpclotfelter Posts: 294
    Many years ago when my son was about 6 or 7 I worked nights so I would sleep a bit late in the mornings. One morning my wife left the house very early and the kid must have heard his mom leaving and woke up. The kid woke up and decided he was hungry so he did the only reasonable thing...he decided to make himself something to eat. The kid proceeded to get a bag of flour and open it in the living room.

I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    jpclotfelter:
    Many years ago when my son was about 6 or 7 I worked nights so I would sleep a bit late in the mornings. One morning my wife left the house very early and the kid must have heard his mom leaving and woke up. The kid woke up and decided he was hungry so he did the only reasonable thing...he decided to make himself something to eat. The kid proceeded to get a bag of flour and open it in the living room.

I'm sure you can figure out the rest.
    LOL, priceless.

"Long ashes my friends."

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Stryker808:
    Last night I come upstairs to find my two boys (3yo. and 2yo.) asleep on the ground and covered in thousands of tiny beads. The two of em stumbled across my new shipment of humidity beads and thought it would be fun to open the package and throw them at each other. One pound of beads spread across the entire room from table to bed under the dresser, in the carpet everywhere. They had so much fun they fell asleep in the big mess they made. I was severely ticked off that I just lost my whole shipment, but what you gonna do but laugh. I put em to bed and it took several hours to clean it all up. Kids....whatcha gonna do.... BTW the beads should still be good yeah? i cleaned most of em off and put em in a mesh bag. there is obviously some dust or whatever in there, but should still work yeah?
    +1 hope u got a pic! that's something u will probably remember for awhile

"Long ashes my friends."

• gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    Kids are a never-ending laugh riot at that age! When my eldest daughter was about 1 1/2, my parents came down to visit, my dad proudly pulling into my driveway in his totally pimped out, brand new Tahoe.

Of course, being the car guy that my father was, he had to wash the road grime off his shiny new ride the day after they arrived.

Of couse, being the grandpa's girl she was, my daughter wanted to help wash the car.

Which she did.

On the opposite side of the Tahoe from my father.

With

A

ROCK!!!!

Said all that to say this - 1) enjoy them while they're this age, because even when they're messing up its still memories that will bring smiles for a lifetime. And 2) it sounds like you have the perfect attitude Dad! Keep up the good work!

PS: My father laughed til he cried, and my daughter survived. Had I pulled that **** when I was a kid.... :-D