Home General Discussion

Boveda

Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
After I calibrate my hygrometer for the 36-48 hr period and it shows 75% am I good to go and just place the hygrometer in the humi?

Comments

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Yup
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yep.... I love the Boveda packs thats the only way I will calibrate my hygro
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just placed my order for about $4. Thanks guys!
    While I calibrate my hygrometer, can I leave my cigars in the humi with some water pillows?
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Pacman84:
    While I calibrate my hygrometer, can I leave my cigars in the humi with some water pillows?
    if you are taking out your other source of humidity then yes...Or if you think your humidification devise is crapping out.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Where can i get these? It's time to check out my devises again.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    Sandman1am:
    I know a B&M that I go to sells them. Other than that check on line.
    Check out amazon
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    From the Boveda website is where I got them before. The price is pretty much the same no matter where you get them from...
    Just order it today. Hey ejenn totally off subject but do recommend I use the 65 or 70 RH bead humidifier if I want to boost my humidity. It's 65 right now but it goes down at times. I will calibrate my hygro soon just in case my humidity keeps acting up.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Thanks guys I will check it out. I've only ever done the salt test. I'm gonna do this from now on.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    yup, this Boveda pack is worth the $4. Get it from amazon or any local B&M should have it, same price, maybe like 30 cent difference.
    Pacman84:
    Just order it today. Hey ejenn totally off subject but do recommend I use the 65 or 70 RH bead humidifier if I want to boost my humidity. It's 65 right now but it goes down at times. I will calibrate my hygro soon just in case my humidity keeps acting up.
    The beads should help you stay pretty constant at 65% if you like it there. I use 70% in one of my coolers, and I keep the sticks that notoriously have a loose-ish draw. There is nothing wrong with 70% though for any smokes really.
    I think I'm gonna get the 70 % bead humidifier. How much water should I use when recharging the beads? And when should I change them for new beads?
    Pacman84:
    I think I'm gonna get the 70 % bead humidifier. How much water should I use when recharging the beads? And when should I change them for new beads?
    As long as you take good enough care of them (which means not letting them get moldy and not spilling your scotch on them when you a rummaging through your humi) they should last you a REALLY long time, forever even. The amount of water isn't really something you can measure. I normally just spray my beads down a little and wait about an hour to see how they are doing and spray more if I need to. I keep them about 70% charged because I use coolers and the seal isn't the greatest on them.
    Do you think I should wait to calibrate my hygrometer first before I buy the beads?