Home Ratings & Reviews

Devil's Weed

I saw a couple of posts about these and I was a bit skeptical. I got a very good deal on a box of churchills. I just had one and can honestly say that I enjoyed it very much. It is definitely something for people who like Mild / Med cigars.
the first inch or so was almost too mild, then the flavor came out and stayed consistent until the end. I at no point got any bitter flavors as was described before. Now I am a newbie so take it for what it is worth.

Also, I had this right off the truck. I can only imagine them getting better with some rest.

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Wow!! Just shows you how tastes differ. Could not get into this one at all. Think I may have steered a couple BOTLs off of it a few months back. On the up side if I were to find more around - I'll know who to send them to (lol)! I would say I felt they might be better with some age too, I just wasn't willing to wait it out.
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    I know what you mean. As I said after the first inch or so I was almost ready to put it out. But I stayed with it. Now don't get me wrong, I was not blown away by it and it has nothing on a 5 Vegas Gold, but for a $1.50 churchill it is something I will smoke on occasion and hand out to friends that may be trying cigars for the first time.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    coachjamie:
    I saw a couple of posts about these and I was a bit skeptical. I got a very good deal on a box of churchills. I just had one and can honestly say that I enjoyed it very much. It is definitely something for people who like Mild / Med cigars. the first inch or so was almost too mild, then the flavor came out and stayed consistent until the end. I at no point got any bitter flavors as was described before. Now I am a newbie so take it for what it is worth.
    Also, I had this right off the truck. I can only imagine them getting better with some rest.
    I like Mild/Medium and I liked this one from the beginning and agree with Coachjamie. I know some folks don't like them, but I did. Thanks for sending them to try Coachjamie.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Because of this review I'm pretty excited to try this stick, and since jamie sent me a churchill in our trade, I'm even more excited!
    I had another this weekend and it was the best one yet. They sure get even better with a bit of rest.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I smoked the one coachjamie sent me and I was impressed.
    I had only read bad things about them, but they are totally worth the money. In fact I am going to order some to have for yard work and when people are over who don't smoke but suddenly want to once they see me.
    glad you liked it! Hard to beat it for the $$. I got the whole box of 20 for like $29.00. When these run out I will definitely be buying more.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I had some intrepidation about trying this cigar since there was so much bad talk about it if I see it at my B&M I'll give it a shot though now.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    When I get a box I will send you a few. Sometime after scotland.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Being the cheapskate I am you guys are getting me interested in these for work sticks. LOL
    Hayblet and FL Gypsy, I have a few left if you guys want to try them. Just shoot me a PM with your addy