Home General Discussion

Humidor in the closet

Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
Is it ok to put my humidor inside the closet?

Comments

• HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    Yup. Mine is in my basement right now. It maintains a more constant temperature which helps with the humidity.
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok cool thanks
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    If your humidor is in the closet you should really have a talk with it about this. It's never good for your humidor to have secrets like that hidden from you. You should get it a Lady GaGa cd and box of wine and have a nice talk to let it know you accept it's life choices. Embrace it as to not alienate it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    If your humidor is in the closet you should really have a talk with it about this. It's never good for your humidor to have secrets like that hidden from you. You should get it a Lady GaGa cd and box of wine and have a nice talk to let it know you accept it's life choices. Embrace it as to not alienate it.
    I knew this post was only going to be a matter of time...

"Long ashes my friends."

• alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Yep, kept my three humidors and two coolerdors in our bedroom closet for the better part of a year.
    Krieg:
    ENFIDL:
    I knew this post was only going to be a matter of time...
    I couldn't resist...lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to keep my aging humi in a closet. the way the closet was set up made it hard to access so i moved it out.

in short, anywhere that has the most consistent conditions (the least temp variation, RH variation, light variation) is the best place for a humidor.
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    PMSL ENFIDL you're so funny !!!!
    Just asking guys...it's not in the closet...trying to get advice
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    MrMoke:
    ENFIDL:
    PMSL ENFIDL you're so funny !!!!
    PMSL = pissing myself laughing?

Gotta stay up on all the cool internet lingo and all....
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    beat me to it! lol... yes put it in the closet, it will stay a bit cooler.
    Pacman84:
    Just asking guys...it's not in the closet...trying to get advice
    We knew you were brother, just having some fun is all.
    I know bro it was pretty funny though. Totally off the subject but do you know if the drymistat tubes are any good or is it better to get the puck humidifier of beads for a 20 ct humi?
    Pacman84:
    I know bro it was pretty funny though. Totally off the subject but do you know if the drymistat tubes are any good or is it better to get the puck humidifier of beads for a 20 ct humi?
    To be honest I'm not sure. I'm on my first humi, it's a 100 count and I have one of the humi gel jar's in it but I have read great things about the beads on here!
    No problem. I was told about the gel jar as well but it will take up space in my humi. I should have gone bigger!
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Pacman84:
    I should have gone bigger!
    That's what she said
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    alienmisprint:
    Yep, kept my three humidors and two coolerdors in our bedroom closet for the better part of a year.
    Any room left for clothes? Lol
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Pacman84:
    The puck will work for the 20 but you need to monitor it. You may as well go ahead and plan on the 150 count though. Just saying!
    I'm definitely planing on getting a bigger humi.
    Would I still have to us water pillows with the beads?
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    No, the beads are the only humidification device you would need.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    I started with a ziplock bag, and now have a 100 count humidor! Never would I have thought, but its already filled up, thanks to the great BOTL's here who bombed me.

For you question, I have my humi in the closet now also, but usually just keep it on the counter sometimes when I know kids are not coming over. I have the heartfelt beads in there. Thats all I've used after getting it seasoned. Simple process but just have to be patient.
    That's where I'm looking to buy the rads from. Do you have the 65 or 70 RH?
    I got the 65%. Since it was a 100 count humidor, I got the 1/2 lb beads and just purchased some of their empty tubes and filled them up. Just cheaper in the long run.
    Oh ok. I'm still thinking if I should get the small tubes or the small puck. I have a 20ct humidor. What do you think would be the best bet for me.
    I think the tube will take up less space. Its pretty much like having a churchill cigar in there. If you get the puck, it will prob take up more space as you will have to put robusto size cigars under it. So personally, I'd get the tube.
    I'll take your word for it. The tube looks small online but I know it's got some size. Where do you usually place the tube? And what are the instruction for it?
  • RainRain Posts: 8,958 ✭✭✭
    Bump for Morgan.