Home Non Cigar Related
Options

Summer Movies 2010

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
I guess the first movie of the "summer" is going to be Iron Man 2, so let's see how many are looking forward to it or are loathing it. I've read some reviews on it and most of have been good. I for one am ready to go see it. Some other movies on my radar, Predators, toy story 3, the expendables, robin hood.

Comments

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    toy story 3, robin hood, and iron man 2.... Probably the only ones i would pay the ridiculous amounts necessary to see in theatres
  • Options
    cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    I guess the first movie of the "summer" is going to be Iron Man 2, so let's see how many are looking forward to it or are loathing it. I've read some reviews on it and most of have been good. I for one am ready to go see it. Some other movies on my radar, Predators, toy story 3, the expendables, robin hood.
    Iron Man 2 - Just an FYI, you comic book nerds need to hang out for the end of the credits. Make sure you don't miss out. I know what happens, but won't ruin it, and don't know enough to make the connection.

Robin Hood and the Expendables are the only other 2 I'm interested in
  • Options
    cholmes8310:
    phobicsquirrel:
    Iron Man 2 - Just an FYI, you comic book nerds need to hang out for the end of the credits. Make sure you don't miss out. I know what happens, but won't ruin it, and don't know enough to make the connection.

Robin Hood and the Expendables are the only other 2 I'm interested in
    sweet, I love it when they tease you at the end of the movie!!!
  • Options
    fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Might check out Robin Hood
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Iron Man 2
    Expendables (omfg at the cast of Cameos)
    Robin Hood maybe... kinda on the fence here..
    Shrek The Final Chapter (make fun if you wish but it IS funny
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toy Story 3 is the only one I will see. We have free tickets and we rarely go to movies.
  • Options
    jsnake:
    Toy Story 3 is the only one I will see. We have free tickets and we rarely go to movies.
    I'm with ya, we barely go either but sometimes it's nice.
  • Options
    MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    The only summer movies that look interesting to me are Robin Hood and The A-Team.

That being said, I'll probably just rent them.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    With the quality of picture and sound I get from my Blu Ray player, it's hard to justify spending $40 to go to the theater... I ALMOST went out to see Avatar, but I never did... I'm starting to feel the same about sporting events... I'm giving up my 49er season tickets after this season because I'd basically rather watch at home... no BS, not puking and the beer is MUCH cheaper when I get it out of my fridge...
    with all that being said, Gladiator 2... I mean Robin Hood looks pretty good... The Nightmare on Elm Street remake "looks" cool but I can't get past the new freddie... Robert Englund was awesome, but when this new guy talks I only hear Rorschach
  • Options
    robbyras:
    With the quality of picture and sound I get from my Blu Ray player, it's hard to justify spending $40 to go to the theater... I ALMOST went out to see Avatar, but I never did... I'm starting to feel the same about sporting events... I'm giving up my 49er season tickets after this season because I'd basically rather watch at home... no BS, not puking and the beer is MUCH cheaper when I get it out of my fridge...
    with all that being said, Gladiator 2... I mean Robin Hood looks pretty good... The Nightmare on Elm Street remake "looks" cool but I can't get past the new freddie... Robert Englund was awesome, but when this new guy talks I only hear Rorschach
    lol, yeah I was thinking the same thing. Somehow I feel robin hood will have a large feeling of gladiator 2...
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    I'm a big movie buff, so I'm really looking forward to iron man 2 and robin hood (even though it does look very gladiatorish). The new Nightmare on Elm St. looks decent and I may try to get out to see that this weekend. Predators has potential. I'll probably end up seeing it.
  • Options
    pnaylonpnaylon Posts: 214
    For some reason my girlfriend is obsessed with iron man, so I'ma see that one. AND OMFG THE EXPENDABLES!!! I had an adrenaline rush just watching the preview!!!

• Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I rarely go out to the movies, but I'll be seeing Iron Man 2 Thursday night at midnight. Intel is hosting a free showing for retail folks. Luckily I'm working from home Friday so I can sleep late.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Will be in September release I think but Wall Street : Money Never Sleeps ...if you are a fan of the first Wall Street movie this one should be good. It picks up with Gordon Gekko getting outta prison .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    Will be in September release I think but Wall Street : Money Never Sleeps ...if you are a fan of the first Wall Street movie this one should be good. It picks up with Gordon Gekko getting outta prison .
    yes, I totally forgot about that one. Will see that one too.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    Michael Douglas?
  • Options
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    Michael Douglas?
    Yep, michael douglas. Shia Lebouf is in it as well, sorta playing the young hotshot role charlie sheen played in the first one.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    Michael Douglas?
    Yep, michael douglas. Shia Lebouf is in it as well, sorta playing the young hotshot role charlie sheen played in the first one.

Yeah the trailer for the promo is great if you have a chance pull it up Cabbie .
  • Options
    gmill880:
    cholmes8310:
    cabinetmaker:
    gmill880:
    Michael Douglas?

Yeah the trailer for the promo is great if you have a chance pull it up Cabbie .
    Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps
  • Options
    Saw that tonight, looks interesting. I liked Wall Street. Iron man was really cool, nice sequel.