Home General Discussion

Just introducting myself...

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭

Just thought I'd take a quick moment to introduce myself to some of the fine folks around here.

I've just recently taken up cigar smoking.  I was a cigarette smoker for years and quit about 10 years ago.  Truth be told until just recently I had no idea that cigar smoking was all about taste, ritual, and relaxation rather than just a quick nic fix like the cigarettes of old.

I've managed to find a chance to enjoy a cigar about twice a week or so since I've started...  I haven't had a huge variety to try yet, but thus far I think my favorite has been an RP Edge... I REALLY liked the smoothness and creaminess of the RP Edge Lite, but it just didn't have the complexity of flavor I was looking for... The Edge lost some of the smoothness, but the flavor was outstanding...  Prior to that, I had a Los Blancos Sumatra that was my favorite...

Anyway, enough on that...  My wifey (who has found she rather enjoys stealing a few drags from my cigars as well) recently got me a fantastic gift... She signed me up for the cigar.com COTM club AND bought me a nice little humidor for my spoils...     

Here's a pic ....  I'm so proud!  LOL

Looking forward to getting a few posts under my belt and participating in a couple of the PIF's and such...

I'm currently awaiting yet another order from cigar.com...  Got the super sampler of their house blends, the 5 for 5 sampler (who can turn that one down?), a Kuba Kuba (been wanting to try the Acid stuff just out of curiousity), a CAO Black and the Don Pepin Garcia all start sampler... Should all be here Tuesday...  Can't wait!   

Comments

• dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Welcome aboard, Mr. Serious... any relation to Yahoo? That's an amazing collection you've got there. Remember to store the Acid apart from the rest of the cigars so that you don't impart any flavors upon those sticks. What are the unbanded sticks in the humi in the left of the photo?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome aboard ! My wife also steals the ocassional drag off my stoogie. She also likes to smoke the "cigarillo" size cigars. I am putting in a new order today with a few selections of "shorts" just for her.

Yes just what are those naked sticks? What have you got in your pockets'es
  • pilot711pilot711 Posts: 176
    Welcome aboard! Third from the left looks like a CAO America? A barber pole for sure. Enjoy!
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭

dutyje:
    Welcome aboard, Mr. Serious... any relation to Yahoo? That's an amazing collection you've got there. Remember to store the Acid apart from the rest of the cigars so that you don't impart any flavors upon those sticks. What are the unbanded sticks in the humi in the left of the photo?

Please, call me Greg... ;)

Those were the RP Edge and Edge Lite... Since smoked... ;)

And yeah, I have a small "tuppordor" with a waterpillow just waiting for the acid to arrive until I get a chance to enjoy it... 

For anyone else that's curious, from left to right on the bottom is:

RP Edge Lite, RP Edge, CAO Landmark, Los Blancos Maduro, Los Blancos Criollo, Romeo y Julietta Reserva Real...

The top layer of course is Gurkha Legend (churchill), Gurkha Beast, Gurkha Titan, Gurkha Legend (torp), Gurkha Centurion

I also have a baggie with a sampler of the CAO Flavors in the bottom that my wife wanted to try... She really liked the Eilean's Dream (or something like that), but thus far I haven't liked any of those...

• CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Greg, welcome to the forum!
  • SacNickSacNick Posts: 77
    Welcome aboard!
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Welcome, Greg.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hi Greg, welcome aboard. Surely you'll want to stick around, read some posts and do some posting yourself. (to which you reply: " I do, and don't call me Shirley!")

Joe
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    What's your vector, Victor? Welcome aboard, Sirius.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the Forums, bud. :)
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭

j0z3r:
    Hi Greg, welcome aboard. Surely you'll want to stick around, read some posts and do some posting yourself. (to which you reply: " I do, and don't call me Shirley!")

Joe

Actually I'd prefer it if you called me Shirley...  As long as I can call you Lucinda...  :)

I have to say... I've checked out a few other forums and this one just really seems like a lot of great folks and more "at home"... 

Call me Shirley if you will... Just don't call me late for dinner...

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    HAHAHA, very nice Greg, you'll fit well around these parts.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    rusirius:

j0z3r:

Joe

Actually I'd prefer it if you called me Shirley...  As long as I can call you Lucinda...  :)

I have to say... I've checked out a few other forums and this one just really seems like a lot of great folks and more "at home"... 

Call me Shirley if you will... Just don't call me late for dinner...

Hey Greg/Shirley Welcome to the ( dysfunctional) family. Glad to have some new humor and insight in the thread. Kas/ Lucinda
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Welcome!