Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Newbie starting out

So I am in Iraq and looking for some advice/help. I have some cigars coming my way :

Gurkha G3, Toro, Maduro

Gurkha Legend, Churchill, Maduro

Gurkha Black Dragon, Imperial Presidente, Maduro

Gurkha Royal Brigade, Perfecto, Cameroon

Cigar.com Cameroon Label, Churchill, Cameroon

Esteli, Nicaragua Staff Favorites Sampler

All in all it will be about 30 sticks. I am in dire need of a humidor obviously. So some advice about a humidor to get or if someone has a spare they are willing to send a Soldier I would appreciate either. Thanks in advance. Great site Cigar.com and I hope to be a long time happy customer.

-Matt

Comments

• Options
    rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    Welcome to the board. I am in Iraq also. You got some great sticks coming in that list. I haven't found a Gurkha that didn't like me yet. Where are you at over here? I might be able to help you out with a humi.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    gurkha is one of my favorite brands. I also recomend the regent and the centurian.
  • Options
    phishermanphisherman Posts: 79
    Hi Matt,
    I am not sure if you can get your hands on a cooler; but they make great humidors. Try to get one with a tight seal (or improve the seal with duct tape to amke it tighter). Tehn get yourself some heartfelt beads and maybe a credo and you should be all set. Can you buy stuff online and have it shipped over to you?
    -Dave
  • Options
    matt.hickeymatt.hickey Posts: 54

I can have stuff sent and ordered online. I just bought a humi as I was getting impatient with the shopping here locally. The humi comes with a humidifier in there, but would you all suggest getting some beads as well? I am sure I will need to get a digi hygrometer (or what ever it is called) as the one on the humi looks analog in the pics. Thanks for the advice though Dave.

-Matt