Home Ratings & Reviews

RP Connecticut

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
Gonna fire up my first one right now... I'll come back and take a stab at "reviewing" it...
here is my preview...

The wrapper is pristine... no veins or visible blemishes... cap is clean... she's pretty... more to come

Comments

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Make sure you try the RP 1999 if you haven't already...
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ok... so she lasted about an hour... and i'm impressed
    Photobucket

the draw was perfect and the burn was as steady as it gets... the flavors were very very mild to start off, almost weak for the first .5 inch or so... I mainly tasted cedar and a little oak...
    about an inch in the flavors took off... steady build for the first inch until it settled in and when it settled it was nice... good creamy smoke with plenty of flavor...

Photobucket
    as you can see, the ash was strong... it finally broke off after about another third of an inch... I was surprised at how earthy this stick was... i expected something similar to a 5 Vegas Gold and for the most part it was, but the last 2 inches were much "thicker" that the gold... bigger flavors and stronger tobacco... not strong by any means, but stronger than the gold... the finish almost had citrus flavor hiding under the cedar... orange peel, maybe...

bottom line is I loved it... for some reason I don't seek out RP sticks, but I have really enjoyed every one that I have had... I have a few I press, a 1961 and a 1999 resting so I am looking forward to those....
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It's a good, solid little connecticut. This is one I like to hand out at parties/bbqs etc. It's usually pretty well received. The 1999 is really good too.
  • brotheradambrotheradam Posts: 896
    One on my favorite "go to" sticks
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    So far I've only had one of these and it was a long time ago, but I do remember loving it. Need to get more...
    brotheradam:
    One on my favorite "go to" sticks
    i picked up a 5 pave for a very reasonable price and now I'm really glad I did... it looks like it may get into my "go to" rotation as well...
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I love smoking these with my morning coffee. They pair very well. Was that one of the ones I sent you?

"Long ashes my friends."

nope i got these from another site... you sent me the I press, 1999 and the renaissance which I forgot to mention above...those three are eagerly awaiting their day of smoke...
    cool, let me know what you think of those. I really liked the Renn when it first came out, but now my tastes are kind of changing so I am just letting them sit awhile. The 99's are a great connecticut, better than the reg connie if u ask me. I thought I sent u a Sun Grown too..?? That's a pretty good one too.

"Long ashes my friends."

hmmm... i'll have to look... i didn't see it in there, but that just means I wasn't really looking that hard...i'm lucky enough to have a humi big enough to over look some of the stogies sitting in there...
    robbyras:
    hmmm... i'll have to look... i didn't see it in there, but that just means I wasn't really looking that hard...i'm lucky enough to have a humi big enough to over look some of the stogies sitting in there...
    come to think of it, I don't think I sent the SG to you, lol...I send out so many cigars it just all starts blending together! lol

"Long ashes my friends."

• FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    I like the RP connie, one of my favorite conn wrapped cigars!
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    I love this cigar as well. I got a daily deal of these around last summer. The first one I smoked I wasn't too impressed with. Then I smoked another one and it was a cream bomb. I fell in love with it at that point, and I've enjoyed every one since.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    never had one, I don't think anyway. glad you liked it. I have had less than love for the RP line. Only one or two I like. btw, nice patio.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Alex "The Unabomber" Williams sent me one of these in my newbie welcome packet and I got the chance to fire it up Saturday afternoon.

Delicious connecticut. Didn't take the time to write down flavors as I'm finding that detracts from the experience for me lately so let me add this is my review:

+1
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can't go wrong with RP. Just ordered me one yesterday.
  • dubiousmonkdubiousmonk Posts: 71
    This is the only RP that I have tried that I liked. I really enjoy this stick, it has a bit more dynamics to it than your average connie. Def a tasty well constructed stick.