Home General Discussion

This is why you should buy from ccom...

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
So before I my wifey found cigar.com, I had placed another order with another site that will remain nameless...
When I placed the order all of the items I ordered showed as "In Stock"...
About 30 minutes after placing the order it showed as being shipped. Wow this site is great!
Two or three days later the order arrived... It only had two of the three items I orderd...
No note saying it was backorderd (no packing list at all in fact), nothing... Just wasn't there...
The item that was missing was a sampler pack of the Heavenly stuff. My wife was stealing drags off my smokes so I wanted to get her some flavored ones to try. This sampler was 15 cigars... Corona size... One of each flavor (14) plus one extra vanilla...
But, as I said, it was missing... Hrmmm....
So I call up this "other" site and explain the problem...
I'm then told that "Ohh, the Heavenly stuff ships direct from them, you should receive it tommorow at the latest...
A few days later (I placed the order on the 16th, and it JUST arrived today) I finally got the cigars...
Once I get home I open them to put them in a "humibaggie" (they weren't shipped in any humidification, just cello)... Upon opening them I realize something... Duplicates... What's this?!? It turns out that I only have 4 different flavors, just a bunch of duplicates of the same ones... In fact, 7 of the 15 are "Strawnanna" which not only sounds disgusting, but even my wife said so...

So now I'll have to call them and try to get this straight... Who knows what kind of crap I'll go through...

On the flip side, I've seen numerous posts on here talking about the customer service at ccom and how they always make up for mistakes, etc... I'm sure I'll get no such kindness from this place... Ohh if only I had known about this place prior to this order!!!

On the bright side, if any of you are looking for a deal on some Strawnanna dog rockets, I may be able to fix you up pretty soon... ;)
If I get stuck with 'em I'll just send them out in a PIF or something... Bwhahhaahahah... Stick out tongue [:P]

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Yeah, you really cannot beat customer service like ccom has. I recently attempted to purchase a pretty hard to find cigar, the 5 Vegas Cask Strength, from a site that claimed to have it, so I went through the standard operating procedure, signed up bought my cigars, got an email the next day telling me "oh, we don't have those anymore"... then why are they listed on the site? These second rate retailers cannot hold a candle flicker to the expertise here at ccom.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Well just an update to my little saga here...

First I call last night to leave a message about these and ask for a call back today... Didn't get a call back, not that I expected one... So I began trying to call them at their 800 number... Nothing but a recording multiple times...

Finally in my despiration I see a "Live Support" icon on their page and notice that it says that it's available (most times it says not available)... Ohh cool... That'll work... So I select that, type in my name, and suddenly I'm speaking with a rep... Or at least a rep asked me how they could help me...

I type in my problem and explain what the situation is with my order...

*chirp* *chirp* ... crickets.... That's what I got back.... crickets.... nada... nothing....

Ummm hello????

*chirp chirp*

So after about 15 minutes I make a smart ass comment about going to dictionary.com and looking up the word "Live" because obviously I was confused...

About 1 minute after that, the window closes and it tells me that the support rep has left the chat...

NICE.....

So I try to call their number again... This time I get an answer... Ohh joy!

So I explain to the guy the problem... yada yada... ordered a 15 count sampler that was supposed to be one of each flavor, and i got a total of 5 flavors and a bunch of dups obviously...

He asks if they were Acids though?

WTF?!? Are you on Acid? No they're not Acids... They're Heavenly....

"Yeah, yeah, that's what I mean, they're heavenly right?"

Uhh yeah?

Well look, they probably just changed the sampler pack to be that way now... The info was probably just wrong on our site... That's just the way it is...

WHAT?!? But I clearly ordered one thing that was VERY clearly defined, and received something completely different...

"Well, do this... Send me an email describing what you thought you ordered and what you got. I'll forward it along to my supervisor and see if he can get something worked out with Acid..."

But it's not ... ugh... alright, whatever...

So needless to say I sent an email explaining exactly my thoughts on the whole mess... Including the fact that having an item DESCRIBED one way and being sent something competely different is NOT acceptable... I also included a screen shot of their own page CLEARLY outlining what I would received which was NOT what I did receive...

In the mean time my wife is crushed... She was really looking forward to trying the Mocha one and a couple others that weren't even in the pack... ARG...
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    All too typical now a days. Shoot me a PM and let me know who this was so I can avoid them.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Well... I have to admit... It was a rocky road getting there, but I did get a response from what I'm assuming is the owner of the company in question... Not only did he ship out a new order with the correct items, but he told me to keep what was shipped in error...

They could certainly use a little better customer service answering the phone, but at least it was resolved quite to my satisfaction, so I have to give them credit for that.

Still though, I'll never order from them again...