Home Ratings & Reviews

Rocky Patel Edge

I had one of these this weekend, and while I like a more mild to medium smoke, I heard the Edges were nice so I wanted to try it out. The cigar was robust with strong peppery/spice overtones, but it tended to smooth out just slightly toward the end of the smoke. The cigar had a rich maduro wrapper on it and the draw was as nice as any I have smoked. While the taste was pleasing, it was a bit too strong for me. It lasted a long time though, longer than an hour for its torpedo size and it burned evenly.

Comments

• MarkbbMarkbb Posts: 196
    Yes the Edge is the bomb, but then again I'm becoming a Rocky fan....
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the review. I have two of these in my humi waiting their turn.
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    RP's Edge, this has been one of my go to smokes for a long time, very consistant. I enjoy both the Maduro or Corojo depending on how I feel. As a matter of fact, I believe this was one of my first cigars when I started this wonderful activity.
  • tabakotabako Posts: 365 ✭✭✭
    The Edge started out as a box of 100 with no bands, I think back about the mid 70s. It came with a warning about the strength of the cigar. After its popularity grew, they came out with a few variations. The Sumatra wrapped Edge came out in the fall of 2007 (not positive on the timing, anyone know different feel free to correct me) the latest versions have been Nicaraguan instead of the Honduran original. 
    I had an A10 a while back. That was a Barber pole version. I will pull up my notes and post a review. Nice stick if you like them full and strong.