Home General Discussion

Cigar Factories

What's up fellas?  I'm still kinda new around here (although I've been lurking in the shadows for a bit).  Just wondering who all (if anyone) has visited a cigar factory.  If so, where was it?  I have the ability to travel quite a bit and I'm looking to burn some frequent flyer miles.  I like travelling to the Carribbean so that'd be a perfect excuse to get away for a few days.

My favorite cigar thus far is the Graycliff 1666, what are some other opinions of it?

Comments

• ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    Welcome. The 1666 is my favorite cigar too. I have a whole bunch in the coolerdor to age.

I've also been watching for travel deals to the Bahamas to go check out the Graycliff resort and factory. I can't afford to stay at the Graycliff hotel, but I would spring for dinner and some smokes. The 1666 is the only one of their sticks not made in the Bahamas, but I enjoy their other blends plenty too.

I keep seeing rediculously cheap weekend airfare to Nassau, my problem is none of my close friends have a passport.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Hey scram, I have a passport :). Holler next time you see a ridiculously cheap weekend fare.
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Can't you still get into the Bahamas with just a birth certificate and photo ID? I know this used to be the case.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I think the problem now is getting back into the US.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    Can't you still get into the Bahamas with just a birth certificate and photo ID? I know this used to be the case.
    Yeah you used to be able to go to Mexico and Canada with just a driver's license too. The post 9/11, illegal immigration, everyone is a terrorist thing is changing a lot of this stuff. In fact they were making it so that starting last year, you needed a passport to go to Mexico, but I think they put a hold on that. These laws are changing all the time though, so make sure you check it out.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    In fact they were making it so that starting last year, you needed a passport to go to Mexico, but I think they put a hold on that. These laws are changing all the time though, so make sure you check it out.
    Actually Ron, I believe that did go into effect at the end of '07, I went to Mexico shorty before then and was still able to go with my Birth Certificate, and this was the last week of December.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im almost positive that you need a pasport now.

on the other hand there are a few factories in Miami (if im not mistaken). Im not sure if they give tours but it may be worth lookin into.