Home Cigar 101

Looking for a good punch

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
any suggestions? The punch I use is a cheapy, but I'd like to grab a nicer one... maybe in the $25 range...

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    xikar's i7 bullet is nice, then they have the i8 that has a larger size hole.. I have both and love them. I use the i7 more but with 55 and up size cigars I use the i8.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    phobicsquirrel:
    xikar's i7 bullet is nice, then they have the i8 that has a larger size hole.. I have both and love them. I use the i7 more but with 55 and up size cigars I use the i8.
    I was looking at the i7 and was wondering if there were 2 sizes on there... good to know... i will probably end up with both, but it looks like i'll start with the i7...

Thanks Squirrel

Glad to help, but it's a nice punch. I've had mine for going on 2 years and the blade is still sharp.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    xikar rules.

i have the 007, im a fan.
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    I am liking the punch on the Bugatti B1 lighter...other than that I use the 2 buck ones from the booze shop. had one that lasted for 3 years and I keep another on my key chain.
  • ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    Wait for it......waiiiittttt for it........

CALL MIKE TYSON!!
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    ironhorse:
    Wait for it......waiiiittttt for it........

CALL MIKE TYSON!!
    he's still got it!
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    I am liking the punch on the Bugatti B1 lighter...other than that I use the 2 buck ones from the booze shop. had one that lasted for 3 years and I keep another on my key chain.
    I find that the large and small punch are spaced too closely, so for a larger-gauged stick you can't center the punch hole.
    really? I've never had that problem, steady hands my friend...
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I got a little 18$ no-brand torch from my local B&M a couple weeks ago and it's an acceptable little thing, nothing amazing... but it came with a little attachment on the bottom that is a punch - the thing couldn't cut me if I hit it with a hammer while it was against my thumb... is it possible to sharpen those things? If not, anyone have an idea of how to try and sharpen it? I mean, worst that's going to happen is i'll break it or something and it'll be useless... which isn't a change from how useless it is right now.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    phobicsquirrel:
    really? I've never had that problem, steady hands my friend...
    me either. I've punched a 60guage ruination several times with my Bugatti with no probs. Gotta be careful, but nothing too bad. Now, I would probably have probs with a 464 NUB though.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    I got a little 18$ no-brand torch from my local B&M a couple weeks ago and it's an acceptable little thing, nothing amazing... but it came with a little attachment on the bottom that is a punch - the thing couldn't cut me if I hit it with a hammer while it was against my thumb... is it possible to sharpen those things? If not, anyone have an idea of how to try and sharpen it? I mean, worst that's going to happen is i'll break it or something and it'll be useless... which isn't a change from how useless it is right now.
    If I need to sharpen mine I take a small jeweler's round file to the inside edge of the punch. Works great.

I've got an "Honest" brand dual-torch on Ebay that has a flip-out punch on it, and it works beautifully. Best working lighter I have right now I'd say, and the punch cutter on the bottom is very sharp for something that only cost me $10 shipped.

• Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    Same here...
    xikar

i think ive mentioned that before.
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Hawaiian
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I mix Pineapple,orange,guava, and raspberry myself add vodka and you're good to go
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    xikar

Hell of a salesman there kuz........;)
    firetruckguy:
    kuzi16:
    xikar

they should pay me.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    firetruckguy:
    kuzi16:
    xikar

they should pay me.
    +1, Xikar's customer service is 2nd to none.

"Long ashes my friends."