Home Non Cigar Related

Surgery

Hey guys, just had surgery on my tailbone the other day. Anyone know what kinda cigar to pair with oxycodone? hahaha

Comments

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    I've had two surgeries since December near the tailbone. I got screwed, I only got Vicodin?!?! Actually I only took three. Not a big fan of the stuff. I actually have over 80 of them at home right now (No, I'm not going to sell them or trade them for cigars, haha). I'm more of a med-full cigar kind of guy, but after both surgeries, I started with some mild stick and built myself back up. Was a little out of it for a few day.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Surgery on your tailbone? Did you get a tail removed?
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Considering the circumstances you might want to limit it at medium bodied smokes to avoid any drug interactions. LOL
  • txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    ug dan:
    ****...the surgery I had near my tailbone pretty much removed a damn tail...Pilondial cyst...holy crap was that painful. They tried to stitch up the massive wound but it got infected. Soooo with out any drugs at my doc's office he says "Ryan, this may hurt some." That was a freaking understatement. So from that we had to let it heal up as an open wound. bout 8-9 weeks post surgery it closed all up. Man...i hope that thing never comes back...what pain in the a$$!!!!
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    undulac:
    I've had two surgeries since December near the tailbone. I got screwed.
    Membership to the CCom forums? FREE

Sticking it to an Irish fan using his own words? PRICELESS

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Hope it all went well, and that the doctor gave you enough opioids to make it through pain free ;)
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I usually drink when on meds do to surgery. Though that's just me. oxy doesn't do much for me. In fact I'm rather immune to a lot of the drugs they have given me after surgery. That's why I pair them with drinking...
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    txjayhawk:
    ug dan:
    ****...the surgery I had near my tailbone pretty much removed a damn tail...Pilondial cyst...holy crap was that painful. They tried to stitch up the massive wound but it got infected. Soooo with out any drugs at my doc's office he says "Ryan, this may hurt some." That was a freaking understatement. So from that we had to let it heal up as an open wound. bout 8-9 weeks post surgery it closed all up. Man...i hope that thing never comes back...what pain in the a$$!!!!
    Same thing here. I had surgery Dec. 28 and had three weeks off of work. A month later, I felt pretty good. Then I started bleeding again. Went back to the docs and he did the same thing and cut me multiple time without a numbing agent. After two months of that, I went back into surgery and he had to do it the old fashioned way (3" wide x 2" deep opened wound), only I went to work the next day and threw up EVERYWHERE and blead like crazy!! He told me to take a few weeks off again but I have been so busy I can't even take a lunch. I have been to his office every single day since (including Saturdays and Sundays) and he has to pack it. I just had my stiches out (AGAIN!!) and man does that hurt. Thankfully I only had five this time versus 30 the first time because he left it open. The cool thing is that the doc and I have become friends and he and I have traded a couple cigar and he'll even brings me a six pack every Friday. I think he feels really bad because I'm the first person he ever had to bring back into surgery for this even though it wasn't his fault. It was just nature. Thank God the worst is over and I can finally go to bed without any pain. I'm hoping only one more week of packing and another 2 to officially close up and I'll never think of it again. And as you mentioned, pain is an understatement. Glad to here you're doing better.
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    They tried to stitch up the massive wound but it got infected. Soooo with out any drugs at my doc's office he says "Ryan, this may hurt some." That was a freaking understatement.

Probably that's why the Doc stood off to one side while he did it, to not get caught in the blow-by when he augered in with the needle and thread. image
    undulac:
    txjayhawk:
    ug dan:
    Same thing here. I had surgery Dec. 28 and had three weeks off of work. A month later, I felt pretty good. Then I started bleeding again. Went back to the docs and he did the same thing and cut me multiple time without a numbing agent. After two months of that, I went back into surgery and he had to do it the old fashioned way (3" wide x 2" deep opened wound), only I went to work the next day and threw up EVERYWHERE and blead like crazy!! He told me to take a few weeks off again but I have been so busy I can't even take a lunch. I have been to his office every single day since (including Saturdays and Sundays) and he has to pack it. I just had my stiches out (AGAIN!!) and man does that hurt. Thankfully I only had five this time versus 30 the first time because he left it open. The cool thing is that the doc and I have become friends and he and I have traded a couple cigar and he'll even brings me a six pack every Friday. I think he feels really bad because I'm the first person he ever had to bring back into surgery for this even though it wasn't his fault. It was just nature. Thank God the worst is over and I can finally go to bed without any pain. I'm hoping only one more week of packing and another 2 to officially close up and I'll never think of it again. And as you mentioned, pain is an understatement. Glad to here you're doing better.
    Man...I feel your pain. Its been about 10 months for me now and honestly when I am sitting at my desk for a long time it still hurts, which gives me some worries that it will come back. Packing it and scrubbing was the weirdest thing, it looked like it shoulda hurt a **** ton but it really didnt...just kinda nasty to see all the way down to your tail bone! Im still very thankful that I got it done, the infection in there was causing swelling which caused muscle spazms which then caused stress fractures in my back (pair up the muscle spazms with trying to keep playing ball and thats really where the fractures came from). But since all of that I still check that scar every day to make sure that nasty cyst hasnt come back. Like you said though...if its going to happen then its going to happen...
    Smoke=Fire:
    txjayhawk:
    They tried to stitch up the massive wound but it got infected. Soooo with out any drugs at my doc's office he says "Ryan, this may hurt some." That was a freaking understatement.

Probably that's why the Doc stood off to one side while he did it, to not get caught in the blow-by when he augered in with the needle and thread. image
    I just felt bad for the nurse that had to be in there as I was yelling every curse word at the top of my lungs. She excecuted the 5 D's of Dodge ball though...Dodge dip dive duck and dodge...as she tried to not get hit from flailing limbs.