Home Ratings & Reviews
Options

New La Aroma de Cuba Blend

betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
Excellent construction, wonderful flavor for the first two thirds, but for me it sort of lacked the wow factor I've come to associate with DPG. It is a good cigar, and reminds me a bit of an ESG and a Cuban Classic love child, but maybe one of the two parent cigars drank a little during the pregnancy and the kid came out sorta funny. Still a great kid, but always a little different. Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I had one a couple months ago at my local B&M. For me, a lot of DPG blends taste so similar, I felt this one was along those lines. It was pretty good, but I REALLY liked the new blend of the San Cristobal. Thought it was much better overall. I have one more resting of the La Aroma new one that I'll try out this spring. Hopefully it will be better.
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    My impressions are along the same line as betasyn. It was well made, beautiful and tasted very good, but no wow factor. Just a solid smoke that's good quality. Nothing bad just the hype set me up for a small disappointment. I think I was expecting too much.
  • Options
    cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Smoked one today and really liked it.
  • Options
    ljlljl Posts: 819
    cabinetmaker:
    Smoked one today and really liked it.

+1 Couldn't hold off on the one that Duder sent me in his PIF pack. Really good construction. Nice oily sheen to it too. I really like DPG sticks, this one's good too IMO.
  • Options
    Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    Just had one the other night and I gotta say, I enjoyed it. I loved the original blend and I felt this one was different, but still good. Although similar to most other DPG blends, I found this one didn't have such a huge spice blast at the beginning as most others have. It seemed a bit more spread out, almost as if it were blended and aged a bit better.
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've have these in robusto and toro sizes and really like them both although so far the robusto edges out the toro for my preference. We'll see how they do with some time...