Home Ratings & Reviews

Drew Estate Java/Tabak Especial

Well, I had a Java the other night for the first time, and I really didnt enjoy it at all. Actually, 2/3 of the way through the stick, to me it tasted like burning rubber. I really was looking forward to trying this smoke too, it smelled awesome. I am on the fence about flavored cigars, as I like the Kuba, and I liked the Kahlua but the Java didnt have anything for me. I even tried a second one in fairness, because there is always a possibility of a bum stick, and I couldnt bring myself to smoke even half of it. I think maybe its too sweet for me. Anyway, I'm not here to bash smokes, because it seems like quite a few people like these, but I was just wondering if anyone who has tried both the Java and the Tabak Especial can offer a comparison. I have a couple of Tabaks, and I am hoping that I am not in for such a sweet flavor.

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Agree. It smells good, has a nice taste on the cap but the cigar just didn't hit me as very good. I'm not a fan of sweet cigars.
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    I have tried the Java...hated it as well...horrible taste to me...but i bought a box of Tabak especials, colada dulce...the smaller kahlua ones and loved them but i have to many others I want to try so I just traded out 20 of them...have 10 left if anyone is interested in more trades....PM me
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    LCar:
    Well, I had a Java the other night for the first time, and I really didnt enjoy it at all. Actually, 2/3 of the way through the stick, to me it tasted like burning rubber. I really was looking forward to trying this smoke too, it smelled awesome. I am on the fence about flavored cigars, as I like the Kuba, and I liked the Kahlua but the Java didnt have anything for me. I even tried a second one in fairness, because there is always a possibility of a bum stick, and I couldnt bring myself to smoke even half of it. I think maybe its too sweet for me. Anyway, I'm not here to bash smokes, because it seems like quite a few people like these, but I was just wondering if anyone who has tried both the Java and the Tabak Especial can offer a comparison. I have a couple of Tabaks, and I am hoping that I am not in for such a sweet flavor.

YUK
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tabak Especial is even sweeter. I actually like them alot. It is a nice change. I bought them for my wife though.
  • LCarLCar Posts: 57
    Well, I am hoping to try one of them this afternoon...I will let you know what I think. Thanks.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I can't smoke the flavored/infused stuff at all. I have tried a few from the DE folks and nearly lost my meal trying to smoke some Acid stuff. The only flavor I am good on now is ligero! LOL
    Yeah, that about sums it up. YUK. The Tabak wasn't as bad as the java. I finished the whole thing, but it certainly wasnt good enough for me to ever buy anymore.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I also tried the Java, and couldn't get any kind of draw on the cigar. I ended up having to throw it out and light up another stick. I suppose I would try one again if I were given the chance, but I'm probably not going to waste money on them.

"Long ashes my friends."

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I have tried the Java...hated it as well...horrible taste to me...but i bought a box of Tabak especials, colada dulce...the smaller kahlua ones and loved them but i have to many others I want to try so I just traded out 20 of them...have 10 left if anyone is interested in more trades....PM me
    PM sent
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    I like the Tabak Especial Negra and Cafe con Leche
    bama3715:
    I like the Tabak Especial Negra and Cafe con Leche
    Well, I had the Negra in my humi, and before I tried the Negra, i ordered the Ccom DD for the Cafe con Leche 5 pack, (even though I was not sure if i would like them)...I wasn't a big fan of the negra, but the 5 pack got here yesterday and I smoked one right away, and I thought it was pretty good. I still think that it is a little sweet for me, but I certainly will smoke the rest of them at some point. The con Leche tastes better to me than the Java or the Negra...so I guess my mission to try the Javas and the Tabaks wasn't a total disappointment.
  • taddowtaddow Posts: 51
    I pretty much had the same experience as those that have already posted. I wanted so much for the cigar to taste like it smelled.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    ive got the 10 posted about in my PO box, waiting to be picked up. If i get them after work, one will be smoked after dinner, ive been looking forward to trying these
  • bige1371bige1371 Posts: 196
    The Tabak Cafe con Leche are the cigars I got started on. I am obviously a noob, but the Tabak Cafe Con Leche I think have a great flavor. I bought 15 of them and they were gone before I knew it.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Had this one last Saturday night, thought it was pretty good. Draw was just a tad tight, but a decent cigar IMO.
  • turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    I've commented on these before because I do enjoy them. I think mood has a lot to do with flavored/infused. There are times when I want something light and aromatic and other times when I want a kick in the teeth. They remind me of some pipe tobacco.

Also, the Java/Tabak have such a great smell and the non smokers I've been around have liked the scent or at least not complained about it as much...lol
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    On a whim I tried one of these at the last ca herf. I had the tabak negra (I think that's what it was called) and it didn't taste like coffee at all. Over the top chocolate and saccharin was what I got. The cap was too sweet as well. I did not like it.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    love 'em both ...different strokes for different folks ...
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Java Maduro Wafe = Great

Tabak Especial Colada Dulce = Even better

All other size/flavor variations = Rubbish

• Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to bring this back since I had my first Red Eye this morning.

I had wanted to give the coffee thing a try for a while, so the red eyes came in yesterday and i lit one up today. I had heard that these can be disgustingly sweet so I was a little cautious. But this really wasnt the case at all.

First off the construction is awesome. I love the pigtail and shaggy foot. But the draw rott was perfect too. Burned straight and even all the way down.

They do have a sweet cap, which i usually dont like; it reminds of of capones or something, lol. But this was not a huge issue for this smoke. Sweet, yes, but it fit with the coffee flavors well, and it wore off to a manageable level almost immediately.

Finally, i thought the flavor and body were fantastic. The coffee flavors really come through in the longer finish which is enjoyable. It was actually a little stronger body than I expected.

I will definitely buy more in the future. Anytime i want a different or sweet smoke, i will reach for these. I actually just ate dinner and a tabak sounds really good right now.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • Glock1975Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have only smoked 1 java, and i may be weird, but i did enjoy it, but it maybe cause i was drunk on vacation in florida when i smoked it.
  • jthanatosjthanatos Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭
    I enjoy the Tabaks once in a while. I think it is just the change of pace that makes it nice. Kind of like finding a nice mild stick with some sweet coffee after weeks of full bodied stuff. Had one a few weeks back while making smores... was a good pairing.
  • ccezarccezar Posts: 97
    If anyone wants to trade for their unwanted Java stogies hit me up.