Home General Discussion
Options

Xikar warranty

zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
Just bought one about a month ago.....

Their warranty does not cover cutters that fell in the lake do they? Gave it to my brother, he went to Lake Travis past weekend and told me today the cutter went overboard and is in Lake Travis somewhere now! He tells me..."I thought they have a lifetime warranty, no questions asked!" I just laughed......hahahah ***!

So I shouldnt call and make my self look like a jack ass right? Or is that too late since I already posted...lol.

Comments

• Options
    undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    If you lost it, warranty is gone. If he found it and you still have it, they pretty much have a no questions asked warranty.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Right, you need to get the cutter to them so they can replace or repair it. I think even if you sent in a pile of ashes, and said that you exploded it, maybe they'd send you one?
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    DP

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    I think you still have a brother warranty though. Which is just as good as a Xikar replacement warranty...well...I would think anyway.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Krieg:
    I think you still have a brother warranty though. Which is just as good as a Xikar replacement warranty...well...I would think anyway.
    Yea, hes already offerd to replace it. The brother warranty worked out just fine. Actually, just found out it was another person who lost it or dropped it, so hes just gonna pay me for it. All good.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Krieg:
    Yea, hes already offerd to replace it. The brother warranty worked out just fine. Actually, just found out it was another person who lost it or dropped it, so hes just gonna pay me for it. All good.
    got scuba gear?
  • Options
    jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xikar covers everything but lost and/or stolen items. I think your warranty is void also if you purposely try to do idiotic things to see if it is indestructible.
  • Options
    zeebra:
    Krieg:
    This story reminded me of something I did a few years ago. I went fishing with my buddies father one day out on the river, and I was using his nice set of pliers to do something, then all of a sudden...Bloop...down they gooooooo.... LOL

"Long ashes my friends."