Home Non Cigar Related

Memorial Day plans

fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
I am going camping again Memorial Day and selecting my sticks for the trip. 4 days of relaxation! What is everyone else doing for the Holiday and what would you reccommend for sticks?

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I'm working. At an outdoor lifestyle store -_-

It's going to be hell, Memorial Day is worse than Christmas and Black Friday combined for us. The week before fathers day isn't too far behind. But on the plus side, the store director is going to sit out back and barbecue for everyone that has to work that day.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hmm for the sticks you should mix it up every day.
    Different vitolas different wrappers.
    Keep your pallet guessing.

As for my plans I'm going to be on a 3 week vacation.

• rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Leaving on a jet plane for the promise land, ie Scotland.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    rossdavey2:
    Leaving on a jet plane for the promise land, ie Scotland.
    same, but the promise land for me is Jackson, MS. Cannot wait to be home. Only third time in 16 months. I'm taking a lot of MOW Ruinations, a few Oliva V Maduros, a GOF, a Camacho PE, a lot of Diesels, and RP 1990s. I plan on having a cigar in my mouth the entire time for 6 days.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I haven't been home in 3 years. I don't know what I will take, but for sure MoW, Aroma De Cuba, and Carlos Toro.

I plan on stocking up on single malt.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I will definitely be mixing it up. I have some Ruination stashed back and an assortment of DPG's. May throw a few Rocky's in also. Should have the GH 2002 by then as well and I have been wanting to try them. 4 nights will force me to pull 12--15 sticks for the trip.
  • DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    On Friday the 28th I will be having Carpal Tunnel and Cubital Tunnel surgery on my right hand/elbow so I won't be doing much of anything. Hand bandaged up for 3 days and elbow in a splint for a week.
    DHawk:
    On Friday the 28th I will be having Carpal Tunnel and Cubital Tunnel surgery on my right hand/elbow so I won't be doing much of anything. Hand bandaged up for 3 days and elbow in a splint for a week.
    You will still have 1 good arm and have time to burn some sticks. See how things work out? LOL. Seriuosly, I had virtually the same thing done, a little different with the elbow but the result was very good. Best wishes to you.
  • brainfrzbrainfrz Posts: 73
    Wife and I are driving to Fort Myers to visit with the father in law. We'll be staying for 9 days.. I'll be bringing the dirty dozen sampler and a couple randoms. I'm stoked.
  • DHawkDHawk Posts: 45
    fla-gypsy:
    DHawk:
    You will still have 1 good arm and have time to burn some sticks. See how things work out? LOL. Seriuosly, I had virtually the same thing done, a little different with the elbow but the result was very good. Best wishes to you.
    Thanks and you are deffinetly right about the other arm. I had the Carpal Tunnel surgery on my left hand on April 30th and it went great. I figured after 15 years of trouble, it was about time I finialy did something about it.
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I will be moving my boat from Berkeley to her new home (still yet to be decided, unfortunately). I think I'll definitely be bringing some sticks along for the ride though!
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be.traveling to beautiful Kent Ohio. I'm gonna take a coolerdor full of sticks so I don't feel locked into anything specific. Plus while I'm there, I will visit Kuzi's B&M, and check the place out.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Eh, probably nothing big, sort of tight on cash right now. I always hate going out on a holiday weekend anyway, too many damn people out and about.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    sadly I'll be working, but smokin soon as I get off ^ ^
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Hays:
    I will be moving my boat from Berkeley to her new home (still yet to be decided, unfortunately). I think I'll definitely be bringing some sticks along for the ride though!
    Boat? Boat! You never told me you have a boat. Dude, birth her down here in oyster point. It's close to my home and I can talk real good care of her. real good.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Working night shift here.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    No real plans as of yet. Maybe a day trip out to sister and brother in law lake house. Always a good time and with good weather will be some good smokes.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Multi-day canoe camping trip. I'm still deciding what to bring for sticks. I think I can paddle and smoke at the same time, we'll see...

Edit: Got my sticks decided upon. My 5 count herf-a-dor will have a 5 Vegas Gold, 5 Vegas Miami, Ccom Brazil, DPG Blue and a Ruination. Pretty even set I think.
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    Will be volunteering at the Marathon. Serving water to 20,000 thirsty runners
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    phobicsquirrel:
    Eh, probably nothing big, sort of tight on cash right now. I always hate going out on a holiday weekend anyway, too many damn people out and about.

Amen on both points...
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Jdorais:
    Hays:
    Boat? Boat! You never told me you have a boat. Dude, birth her down here in oyster point. It's close to my home and I can talk real good care of her. real good.
    LOL pm sent
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I think we're going to stay home. I'm not a fan of holiday travel. I plan on firing up the barbecue a few times over the course of the weekend as well as a few cigars though. I've got a bunch of stuff I need to try out from trades and cotm.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Should be a great weekend for me!!!

Friday...dinner with family for wifes bday

Saturday...work then Piano bar with friends and wifes bday

Sunday...BBQ grill at friends house, drinks, ribs, swimming in his pool, cigars, followed by a poker game at night

Monday...drive out to Lake Charles and gamble during the day and head back home in the evening!

Tuesday.....reality
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Should be a great weekend!

Friday- My first trip to the MN Twins new stadium! GO TWINS!!
    Saturday- BBQ at home with friends followed by UFC fights
    Sunday- Meeting some friends out camping... KIDLESS!!!
    Monday- BBQ at my Aunt and Uncles house
    Tuesday- Reload the humi..Hopefully.

Now off to a big job interview... Wish me luck! And have a great weekend everyone!
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Work. Double time and a half, so I can't complain too loud.
  • JZJZ Posts: 827
    I will be in Cancun Mexico, enjoying several adult beverages, smoking cigars and enjoying the scenery!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    I will be GOING HERE......

http://www.bugorama.com/events.html
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    have to work - this really mule-lips me ...
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    ug dan:
    Work. Double time and a half, so I can't complain too loud.
    The holiday sucks... but the paycheck sure takes some of the sting out of it afterwards!

I have decided on stick selection for my camping trip
    601 Red
    Cohiba (ISOM)
    Cu-avana Intenso
    Cubao #6
    Diesel
    DPG Blue
    DPG CC
    DPG JJ
    Man O War
    MOW Ruination