Home Cigar 101

beads are unbelievable

bobdbobd Posts: 71

Well guys I finally switched to beads.  I have always read about them on here but was stubborn and continued to constantly screw with green foam.  Beads are one of the greatest inventions ever.  My RH barely moves now and I dont even need to check it very often, so my humi stays closed longer.

Thank you everyone for any bead advice I may have used from the forums.  Happy smoking.

....Bob

Comments

• Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    Yup, beads rock!
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did you buy the beads from?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Probably either Heartfelt or Conservagel beads
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    beads are the only way to go, imo

"Long ashes my friends."

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Love my beads. Protip - if you partially charge them, and then place a very shallow dish of distilled water next to your beads, you may never need to recharge them. I think it's been a couple months since I've recharged mine, they just absorb the water slowly from the dish. I refill the dish whenever it runs out, and yay! My humidors stay perfect.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    I placed an order for a large tube of beads for my 75ct. humidor a few weeks ago with Heartfelt. I can't wait to see how they perform. Living in Virginia I have no problem keeping my humidity UP, it's keeping it below 75 that I have a problem with. I like it right around 66%-68% so I figure a large tube of 65% beads will do me... right?