Home Cigar 101

Insects

Matty_MMatty_M Posts: 6
Just moved into a older house that we recently renovated. But there are still quite a few creepy crawlies squirming around. Will the Cedar of my Humidor be enough to keep them off my cigars?

any other ideas to keep them away?

Comments

• nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Bug spray...

If you keep the lid closed on your humidor the "creepy crawlies" shouldn't be able to get in your humidor. Unless they are termites...
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Two words - bug bombs. And lots of them
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    my house is a 1926 house. terminex drops by every 3 months for preventative measures, and whenever i feel like it in between for no extra.

but the cigars should be fine. mahoganies and cedars are known for their bug repellent natures so all is well.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Agree with xmacro here, nuke em and life will be good.  Wink [;)]
  • Matty_MMatty_M Posts: 6
    at first I think I will try the DIY stuff (maybe bug bombs as a last resort) and see how it goes. its not like we are infested, just looking out for my cigars. But the house did have termites at one point so I will be on the lookout for those bastards.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Matty_M:
    at first I think I will try the DIY stuff (maybe bug bombs as a last resort) and see how it goes. its not like we are infested, just looking out for my cigars. But the house did have termites at one point so I will be on the lookout for those bastards.
    Put your humidor under a glass case on a pedestal in the middle of the room with a giant boulder over it that'll fire if something touches the humi, A la Indiana Jones.

Those bug bastards will be sorry!
  • letsgowithbobletsgowithbob Posts: 677 ✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    Matty_M:
    Put your humidor under a glass case on a pedestal in the middle of the room with a giant boulder over it that'll fire if something touches the humi, A la Indiana Jones.

Those bug bastards will be sorry!
    lol, nice....