Home General Discussion

Cigars and Olives

First off first time post but I have been poking around for a while and have been smoking for 2 years. Great Site!!!!!

the other night I enjoyed a mix of different olives while relaxing before grilling w/ a cigar.

Anyone have any other interesting treats they enjoy with a cigar?

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    wait . . . wut? Olives? Never heard of that before. What kind did you eat? What cigar was it? How'd the olives pair with the cigar? Any particular match-ups you'd recommend?
  • Matty_MMatty_M Posts: 6
    Just a simple Red Lable Cigar. The olives had been marinated in a oil and red pepper type mixture so they had a very small amount of heat just enought to know it was there. and the earthy and salty taste was just match to the cigar. I would imaginge almost all cigars would go well except maybe acid or a flavored stick.

I will definetly trye it again and add some nice stinky cheese into the mix.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Welcome... It's not odd but I sometimes eat m&ms while I smoke.

• Matty_MMatty_M Posts: 6
    mmmmmm, chocolate ever try a dark chocolate?
    I haven't tried it yet. But it's on the list now.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Matty_M:
    Just a simple Red Lable Cigar. The olives had been marinated in a oil and red pepper type mixture so they had a very small amount of heat just enought to know it was there. and the earthy and salty taste was just match to the cigar. I would imaginge almost all cigars would go well except maybe acid or a flavored stick. I will definetly trye it again and add some nice stinky cheese into the mix.
    This opens up a whole new bag of worms for me - food with cigars? Never tried it myself, but it sounds like a great time
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Matty_M:
    mmmmmm, chocolate ever try a dark chocolate?
    I love dark chocolate with a cigar! Other stuff I have tried - chocolate ice-cream, mixed nuts, yogurt... Now the yogurt was a BAD BAD combination :) LOL
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I figured it must have been an Oliva.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Olives huh, that's a new one but hell I'm willing to give it ago. Now chocolate...that's ones I must try...any thoughts on any type of fruits?  Strawberries or others that could bring enhance the experience?  Thoughts or comments?

• bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    Love me some salted cashews with a good cigar.

• TokinstogieTokinstogie Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Olives, cigars.......cool, I do prefer my olives drowned in gin though.
    I was going to say, maybe it's time I quit drinking and smoking, tear down all the Vargas girl posters and straighten out my life. But I won't.....
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Olives?? I for one have never had an Olive...ever...(not to mention anything Seafood either) But I might have to give it a try. Sometimes when I am having a smoke in the morning, I will eat my breakfast, usually just an egg and cheese sandwich with coffee, and smoke a cigar with it. Never eat anything sweet though.

"Long ashes my friends."

Just had a Gurkha Shaggy Maduro with a Little Debbie Nutty Bar... OMG, it was sooooo good.

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    ooooooo, I love olives! You've inspired me to hit the olive bar at the grocery store on my way home tonight.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    All olives belong in a trash can. The only thing I like pairing with cigars is an ice cold Dr Pepper. Olives = BLAH IMO.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Olives.. Now that you mentioned it, I can honestly say I've tasted olive-like flavors before but never placed them.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    jsnake:
    All olives belong in a trash can. The only thing I like pairing with cigars is an ice cold Dr Pepper. Olives = BLAH IMO.
    That's exactly how I feel about those canned black olives. YUK!
  • jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    ive done the cigar and steak before, wasnt really as good as I expected. and one time I was having a cigar and I started to get heart burn cause I hadnt eaten all day. so I buttered some sourdough bread and ate that with a cigar, that was actually pretty good.