Home Cigar 101

Can you identify this smoke? [solved]

What's new?

Joe Pesci, from an upcoming flick (I know feelings are mixed about his acting - I just care about the cigar):

I thought it was an H. Upmann but I'm having second thoughts. And no, it probably doesn't come with that attractive Franklin wrapper. But could you imagine?

Comments

• MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    I have to admit the "wrapper" makes it very appealing, who cares what it smokes like !!!!

I think you are probably correct that its an Upmann, although I can't make out which one.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Hmm, my vote would go to Punch.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Looks like H. Upmann to me too. Looks like the last letter on the top is an N.
    I downloaded the picture, zoomed in and compared. I stick by my original thought, it looks to me like a Cuban Punch. Compare to the following image and see if you see the similarities I do. Notice the gold on the sides that also appears in the Pesci pic?

My reasoning is as follows. Notice on the Uppman band, the sides have white and red, yet on the Pesci pic the sides are gold, like the Punch.

Also notice, if you zoom in closely on the Pesci pic, while blurry, it looks as though the last letter on the top is an "H" while the bottom possibly says "Habana". I'll admit it could be some other band I've never seen, but to me it looks like a Cuban Punch.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    You're exactly right:
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    docbp87:
    You're exactly right:
    Second that! It is 100% a Punch.... It also makes sense for a flick like this - Punch is one of the most recognizable, "original" cigar names/labels...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I sure love me a good cigar mystery.
  • LeftFiveLeftFive Posts: 184 ✭✭
    Glad I'm not the only one that does this. It's always disappointing to me when people are smoking un-banded cigars.
  • BlackguardBlackguard Posts: 7
    j0z3r is the winner. Nice job.

A little brazen for a film company to release promotional material with its star smoking a Cuban, no?
    Hooray...what's my prize? :)
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    j0z3r:

I called my boy Pesci and he said you were exactly right ! Joe he said he would be calling you in a day or two for a nice dinner and smoke afterwards ...cheers !!! ;)
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:

I called my boy Pesci and he said you were exactly right ! Joe he said he would be calling you in a day or two for a nice dinner and smoke afterwards ...cheers !!! ;)
    Great!!! I'll just sit here by the phone and wait patiently. Smile [:)]
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    j0z3r:
    gmill880:
    j0z3r:

Great!!! I'll just sit here by the phone and wait patiently. Smile [:)]
    Just don't ask him to shine your shoes when you meet him unless you want to end up in a ditch in New Jersey.