Home General Discussion

Oliva Serie V

God awful cigar. Wasted a nice evening.

Comments

• mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    .....okay?

What was wrong with it? Why didn't you like it? Why was it a waste of an evening?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Can't say I agree, but you're certainly welcome to your opinion. I'd also like to know what you found so repulsive about it, maybe you had a problem that someone else has experienced and they might offer a bit of advice on how to avoid it in the future, or maybe you had a bum stick as those tend to happen... I know I've had a bad Series V before.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I rather enjoyed my last V
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive only had the V in the Maduro and loved it.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    The first and only Serie V i had was the Torpedo. The cigar blew me away, and I have to say it's probably in my top 10 cigars atm. I'm sorry to hear u didn't like the cigar...what happened??

"Long ashes my friends."

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    interesting. i year or two ago the V was my go-to cigar.

what kind of problems were they?

also keep in mind that cigars are a hand made product. a bad one slips through once in a while.
  • sirfoster83sirfoster83 Posts: 783
    Sorry to hear. They sound like a great cigar from what I hear. They are on my list of "NEED TO TRY". I like to atleast give a few sticks a try before I write them off forever. Was there anything you enjoyed about it? I've had different sticks with poor draw and wrap issues but could tell the flavor would have been great other than those issues.
  • VipernpaVipernpa Posts: 1
    I have to say that Oliva Serie V is one of my go to cigars.  I love the belicoso as well as the torpedo.  If you put 2 years of age on it, the cigar is hard to beat.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I guess not everyone enjoys the V. I actually almost lit up a V churchill extra just now. Changed my mind as it is a 2hr smoke for me. Sorry you didnt like it. Maybe give it another shot some time.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I wasn't too impressed with the v the first time I had it. After a few months I picked up another and now they are one of my favorite cigars.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I say you should give the V another shot. I've had the diadema and the robusto and both were excellent smokes.
  • gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    I fell in love with the V from the 1st ever puff. 1st one I had tasted exactly like heavily ceamed coffee. Dont really get that same flavor as I think the MX2 I smoked right before changed it. Still never had a bad one.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sorry you had a bad one. I just grabbed a box of the V Lancero and spit it with a few friends. The lancero is fantastic, along with the figurado.
  • WoodyOWoodyO Posts: 12
    I'm looking forward to trying this. Oliva has never let me down.