Home General Discussion

Celebratory Smoke

ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
Ok guys as some of you saw I'm moving. Well I closed yesterday and will be moving Saturday. I can't decide what cigar to have when I move in. I can't wait to sit out back and light up my first cigar in the new house. So I'm open to suggestions. Here's a list of what I'm considering. Cohiba Robusto, 5 Vegas Limitada '10, Alec Bradley Select Cabinet Reserve, Camacho Corojo, Perdomo Grand Cru Maduro, Don Lino AFrica Victoria Falls, Padilla Series '68 Salomon Oscuro, Padilla Signature 1932 Sol Cubano Artisan Salomon

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    The Padilla Series '68 Salomon Oscuro... Then you have to do a review for those of us with out one.

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    What about a "house" blend? Ok, let's be serious now. Out of your list, I would say the Padilla 1932.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Good suggestions so far. Stephen if I do I'll def do a review and let you guys know how it is!
  • Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gotta agree with both of those Gents. Either one of the Padillas.
    Poker Slob:
    Gotta agree with both of those Gents. Either one of the Padillas.
    You have a pm sir
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    I have to agree with everyone so far on the Padillas. But I was an a big AB kick recently and the SCR is a really good stick as well. The way I see it you cant go wrong with your choice as long as you enjoy the time. Congrats on the new place.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    From your list I would have to go with the Padilla Salomon Oscuro, unless the Cohiba is CC. Then I'd go with that one. However, in my humble opinion, buying a home is a momentous occasion. I'd have to say that something a little more special like an Anejo or an Opus X might be in order.

When I got an offer on my condo, I smoked a GOF Carlito and had a glass of 15 year...... it was an awesome night.

When I close, I'm gonna smoke my Camacho PE, an Ashton VSG, and an Anejo all in one night!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555

I would go with something that you know that you like

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    none of them, get a padron 80th maduro!!!!
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    sightunseen:
    What about a "house" blend? Ok, let's be serious now. Out of your list, I would say the Padilla 1932.
    +1 You can never EVER go wrong with a '32!

Thanks guys!! I appreciate the kind words and the suggestions.
    lilwing88:
    From your list I would have to go with the Padilla Salomon Oscuro, unless the Cohiba is CC. Then I'd go with that one. However, in my humble opinion, buying a home is a momentous occasion. I'd have to say that something a little more special like an Anejo or an Opus X might be in order.

When I got an offer on my condo, I smoked a GOF Carlito and had a glass of 15 year...... it was an awesome night.

When I close, I'm gonna smoke my Camacho PE, an Ashton VSG, and an Anejo all in one night!!!
    These are the nicest ones I have...lol I need to invest in some top end cigars to have for occasions like this.
    phobicsquirrel:
    none of them, get a padron 80th maduro!!!!
    But I need it tomorrow! lol and I don't have any that fancy or time to hit a B&M between now and then as I work until 1030 tonight and I'm picking up my uhaul truck at 8 and then gotta move have the truck back by 6.
    true but christening a house with a 80th is a perfect time to try one..
    phobicsquirrel:
    It def would be if I had one to...lol I'm still pondering which one to choose. Hmm decisions decisions
    ENFIDL:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It def would be if I had one to...lol I'm still pondering which one to choose. Hmm decisions decisions
    yeah I find myself always trying to decide too.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    stephen_hannibal:
    The Padilla Series '68 Salomon Oscuro... Then you have to do a review for those of us with out one.

YES! I don't think I've seen this one - smoke it!

Congrats, btw!
    Thanks brother!
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    THIRTY-TWO! THIRTY-TWO! THIRTY-TWO! THIRTY-TWO! :-D

I ended up going with the Sol Cubano Artisan. Good smoke. Very interesting...lol I was beat by the time I finally got to sit down and light it up!
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    What!?! *sigh* I guess as long as you enjoyed the smoke.... though I was looking forward to hearing about that Padilla.

stephen_hannibal:
    What!?! *sigh* I guess as long as you enjoyed the smoke.... though I was looking forward to hearing about that Padilla.

Well I didn't end up getting them :/ They didn't have them anymore I guess so I ended up with two of the Golden Bear's instead with the sampler I got which arrived Friday.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Golden Bear is a nice cigar; make sure you have some time to smoke as you won't want to rush it. I am down to my last 2 and am really thinkg I need to get more.