Home Cigar 101

Cutting question for Newbie

Ok, just got an Acid 5 Torpedo, and was wondering how to judge where to make cut.  Sorry for such a simple question.  IM NEW!!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    With torpedos, I start with a cut that will give me an open section with roughly 1/4" in diameter. You can always test the draw and cut a bit more if need be.
  • idrivea9idrivea9 Posts: 44
    Funny I would read this. I have a CAO torpedo and was wondering just how to cut it! :) Brian
  • CaptCapt Posts: 127 ✭✭
    Just make sure you don't too much and unravel the cap. I have alwys cut my torpedo cigars on an angle, delivers more flavor and smoke directly onto the palate.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Interesting... I never thought of cutting on an angle. I'll have to try that out once I get over this damned cold I've got.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Capt:
    Just make sure you don't too much and unravel the cap. I have alwys cut my torpedo cigars on an angle, delivers more flavor and smoke directly onto the palate.
    Agreed... The first torpedo I ever smoked had been pre-cut on an angle by the guy that sold it to me. I honestly didn't think it would make any difference... The next one I smoked I cut straight and couldn't figure out why it was so different (same cigar)... Tried the angle again and definately noticed a big different in the flavor... Now I always cut torps at an angle... boxes I always just cut straight and any regular stuff (robusto, etc) I use v-cut... That's my personal combination for sucess! ;)

I think another big advantage is you can get a bigger cut and therefore better draw yet not clip off the cap or even much of the cigar itself...
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    Interesting... I never thought of cutting on an angle. I'll have to try that out once I get over this damned cold I've got.
    I guess the holiday weekend brings colds to guys named Joe
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    ive tossed around the idea of cutting on an angle. Every time that i cut one i forget about it untill about 3 puffs in. Ill try my best to do this next torp i have.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    I guess the holiday weekend brings colds to guys named Joe
    and Ron, I,ve got one too so I can sympathize.

I like the idea of cutting at an angle. I never even thought of that but it makes sense. Same thing for the V-cut. I might have to strat tring something other than the regular old straight cut. Time for some experimentation when I'm over this cold.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I like this cutting on an angle idea, I'm gonna try it.