Home General Discussion

Need some help

Ok guys,

I will start this by saying I am a rookie at this.  I have enjoyed a handful of cigars over the years, normally on the golf course or by the bonfire with the boys I play ball with.   I really enjoyed them however came to the conclusion this could be an expensive habit.  Here is what I am looking for.  I got a little guy coming in about 6 weeks.  I want to give out a decent cigar.  Not the crap that you get like 500 for a nickel and they say its a boy.  I got one from a buddy once and enjoy it quite well.  I need something that people that do not smoke a lot, will be able to enjoy.  I am included in this matter.  Please anyone that can point me in the right direction I would apprciate it. 

Comments

• madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Well a good cigar for this would be the 5 Vegas Classic, its middle of the road strength wise so its good for novices and pros. Has excellent flavor and the price is right.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    I've only had one, so take it for what it's worth, but I'll throw my vote in for the ccom Purple Label house blend is a pretty damn good cigar for the money! It's pretty mild, so even a non-cigar smoker can enjoy it... And best of all, it's cheap enough you can pick up a box of 20 without leaving a hole in the wallet.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Actually, Fuente makes an "It's a Boy/Girl!" cigar. I've never had one, but it's a Fuente, so, you know, safe bet.

You might also look at the Flor de Oliva. They're made by Oliva, so the quality should be high, and they have a Sumatra wrapper, which is something most people won't have had before. And they're dirt cheap.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    And of course there is a CCOM Blue label (but no pink, OK?). I'd have to agree with the 5 Vegas Classic. The Robustos are only sixty bucks a box(of 25 (and a damn bargain at that). The 5 Vegas Gold is a good choice for those that might like a milder cigar - it's the one I generally offer to cigar rookies. (it goes for 50 bucks for a box of 20). Dont know how many you're planning on getting, how about a box of each? And don't forget to pick up the Vegas sampler for yourself for twenty bucks.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    First of all congrats and good luck with the little guy.

Now, any of these recommendations would be good and its a matter of opinion to most people so I won't add my own, but another suggestion would be to get the cigars and then purchase some It's a Boy/Girl bands from someplace. You can get them with the name and such personalized. Just a nice added little touch if you want. There are lots of places that you can get the bands. Just do a google search.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    Actually, Fuente makes an "It's a Boy/Girl!" cigar. I've never had one, but it's a Fuente, so, you know, safe bet. .
    so does cusano if im not mistaken. i think cigar.com sells them. call em up and ask.

congrats on the baby.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Cusano would also be a safe bet.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Something in the Primero's line may work also. Cheap and not too strong.