Home General Discussion

Found a great B&M

I live in the Raleigh Durham area of North Carolina and as a relatively new cigar smoker my main sources for sticks locally were either JR's in Burlington, my local cigar/cigarette/lottery ticket store staffed by drunk teenagers or buffoons and the overpriced and understocked tinderbox stores in the local malls. Today I found a great place in Cary called Tobacconists of Cary. The owner bought the place about a month ago and it had apparently been an appalling place. Basically a fly by night cigar/cigarette store which had become something of a joke. I went to their website today thinking it would be another disappointment and saw that he had some decent brands so I ventured a phone call and found out the brands he had listed were just the tip of the iceberg. I asked him if he carried RP, Gurkha, Cain (as these were brands NO one seems to carry in this area) and he said he had them all and more. I made me way to his store and I have to tell you I walked into the humidor and nearly wept. Great selection, excellent knowledge of the industry and looks like a pretty decent clientele of cigar folks that I plan to get to know better. So if you live in the area and haven't checked them out please do!

Comments

• HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    I was in Raleigh not that long ago for BBQ down at The Pitt (yum!) I found a Tinderbox in one of the malls there had some good sticks but I was kinda newbish at the time, however when I went to Columbia, SC yesterday found a little mom n pop smoke shop, dude was very informative, killer Humidor selection and refilled my lighter for free even though I asked to purchase fuel. I may have to look into how far Cary is from me to see if it's worth the drive, it's only an hour to Columbia for me to visit that awesome store again, but I do like road trips.
  • havlowhavlow Posts: 27
    Cary is right between Durham and Raleigh heading east on I-40. The exit I took to the shop was about 2 exits past the RDU airport. So anytime you're near Raleigh or that area it's pretty convenient. Here is the website with directions and contact info to keep handy next time you find yourself in town: http://www.carytobacco.com/
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I did a search and found K and S Cigars, kandscigars.com, in Cary. They have a Diamond Crown Lounge. diamondcrown.com Hope the info is current.