Home General Discussion

Heavenly Ass...

rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
Once again I got your attention? LOL...

So... I wondered a while back why cigar.com didn't carry the Heavenly line of cigars... Well now I know... Because they don't carry ass... That's exactly what these Heavenly cigars are...

For those that don't know... My wife tends to steal more than a few occasional puffs off my evening cigars... Someone had suggested that the ladies often prefer the flavored cigars, so I decided to find something she might enjoy.

I ordered the sampler of the CAO flavors, and while she thought a couple were okay, she didn't really care for them as much as others... I personally didn't care for any of them much, though I could smoke one through and be at least somewhat satisfied...

I saw mention of the Heavenly cigars and a lot of the talk about them seemed to indicate that they were pretty good smokes... So I ordered up a sampler pack of them...

The first one we tried was Amaretto... I took about 8 puffs off it, and my wife took 1... Neither of us could taste any Amaretto at all... What we could taste was what could only be described as really bad cheap tobacco... The wrapper looked pretty bad/cheap and was "flavored" with what I would guess was just sugar water... EXTREMELY sweet...

We chalked it up to Amaretto just not being an easily replicated taste and figured others would surely be better...

Well tonight we fired up the dreamcicle flavor... Same bad looking wrapper, same terribly sweet wrapper... But then the odd part... Same EXACT flavor as the Amaretto cigar... Of course maybe that's because they both taste exactly like really bad cheap tobacco... I would have seriously had rather been puffing away on a Marlboro... It certainly would have tasted more like Amaretto/Dreamcicle than those things did...

On the plus side, after the extreme disappointment in the Heavenly stuff we fired up a Gurkha Legend Churchill and spent the next 2 1/2 hours truly appreciating a good cigar...

So for what it's worth, so far there's only one "flavored" cigar I've had that didn't taste like complete ass, and that was the Java by Drew Estates... IT was a DAMN fine cigar... In fact, I'm almost ashamed to admit it, but it ranks up there as one of my favorites right now... I haven't tried any of the other Acid stuff, but I'm thinking nothing will really fancy my favor like the Java... As someone pointed out, Coffee and Tobacco just make sense together... My biggest appreciation for the Java came from the fact that the coffee or flavor portion of it was very understated and subtle... It was there enough to REALLY compliment the tobacco, but not near enough to be distracting...

So anyway... If you want the taste of ass in your mouth, pick yourself up a few Heavenly cigars... Better yet, shoot me a PM and I'll be more than happy to trade a few for something I can stand, LOL... If you don't want the taste of ass in your mouth, then I'd highly suggest staying away from these things...

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    rusirius:
    If you don't want the taste of ass in your mouth, then I'd highly suggest staying away from these things...
    Depends entirely on whose ass it is. There are a few I'd volunteer to taste.

I'd actually never heard of the Heavenly brand until you mentioned them. Have you & the missus tried the Drew Estates flavors? You might like them better. And of course there's the Kahlua and the Maker's Mark cigars.
  • rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    urbino:
    rusirius:
    If you don't want the taste of ass in your mouth, then I'd highly suggest staying away from these things...
    Depends entirely on whose ass it is. There are a few I'd volunteer to taste.

I'd actually never heard of the Heavenly brand until you mentioned them. Have you & the missus tried the Drew Estates flavors? You might like them better. And of course there's the Kahlua and the Maker's Mark cigars.
    The only Drew Estates I've tried thus far is the Java which as I mentioned we both REALLY liked... Though I'm still confused who actually makes that thing... ;) Maybe a collaboration between Rocky Patel and Drew Estates?

I've got two or three other Acid's waiting to try out of their standard line... Just haven't tried one yet...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    rusirius:
    Maybe a collaboration between Rocky Patel and Drew Estates?
    That's exactly what it is.