Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Lord of Chaos - Sniper Game

The title of this game is from a book by one of my favorite authors, Mr Robert Jordan (RIP). Any other Jordan fans out there? Lemme hear from you!

First of all, this game is for a really good cause, and all proceeds (on my end anyway) WILL go to a most excellent cause. For reasons that will become obvious to those who play / are targeted, I dont want to reveal the good cause until you are involved. I will keep accurate records of what comes in to me, and when this is all over I will open those records to anyone who wants to see them to ensure this. Since I just got NUKED by nearly 60 sticks, I dont want anyone thinking Im greedy and angling for more.

Alright then, to the game - this one is all about karma & the things you have done comnig back to you! To anyone who doesnt know how the Sniper Box project worked, here is how... when I sniped someone, along with their cigar and WAY COOL PIMP SHADES, they got to nominate the next victim (or in some cases, victimS) to be sniped. Which means if you were sniped, SOMEBODY out there sold you out!

Here is how this is gonna work - if you want to know who sniped you, shoot me a PM. I will tell you what the good cause is that this game benefits, and you will be given an opportunity to tell me how many sticks you are willing to "pay" for the information. NO OFFER WILL BE REFUSED. The only catch is this - if you DO pay for the information, you will be REQUIRED to drop a bomb on the person who sold you out within ONE WEEK. At the end of the seven days, if you have not provided me with at least a tracking number to let me know your bomb is on its way to the person who sold you out, I will contact them to let THEM know that you were hunting em - and give them the opportunity to nail you first!

The purpose of this thread is twofold - first, tons of bombs could (and should!) be flying in all different directions at once - absolute CHAOS, hence the title of the thread! If we get good participation, its gonna look like the cigar version of World War 3 here in the forums!!! Secondly, I will be raising cigars for a great cause, and you will all have the satisfaction of knowing that your payment went for a good cause.

So whaddya say fellas? If you got sniped, shoot me a PM & lets get this thing kicked off! LET THE LORD OF CHAOS RULE!!!

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    PM sent
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Was just contacted via PM by a BOTL who was not sniped but wanted in on this in order to support the good cause this game benefits. If anyone else out there falls into this category, shoot me a PM and I will give you an opportunity to get in on the madness!

LET THE LORD OF CHAOS RULE!!!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    PM, I'm in...
    Sweet! Laker & ljl are on board - along with a BOTL who apparently prefers to remain anonymous! Given this guy's history, I suppose thats to be expected. Question is, who is he shooting AT? Is it YOU?

LET THE LORD OF CHAOS RULE!

• RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    The Sniper:
    Sweet! Laker & ljl are on board - along with a BOTL who apparently prefers to remain anonymous! Given this guy's history, I suppose thats to be expected. Question is, who is he shooting AT? Is it YOU?

Must be HAYS! ROTFLMAO
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    LOL Thanks Oz - and Robert Jordan is a king of the genre, Mr Sniper, just so you know my feelings ;-)
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the genre at all, but I absolutely love his series and his writing. It's tragic what happened to him. I was fortunate enough to talk with him a few times at some signings, and he always took the time to really answer my questions and was just an all around nice fellow. I thought Sanderson did a good job with the latest book. It wasn't Jordan, but I think it was as good as it could possibly be without Jordan writing it himself. Just my 2 lhalf drunken sense. Cents?
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    pm sent
    Russ55:
    I'm not a fan of the genre at all, but I absolutely love his series and his writing. It's tragic what happened to him. I was fortunate enough to talk with him a few times at some signings, and he always took the time to really answer my questions and was just an all around nice fellow. I thought Sanderson did a good job with the latest book. It wasn't Jordan, but I think it was as good as it could possibly be without Jordan writing it himself. Just my 2 lhalf drunken sense. Cents?
    I agree on Sanderson - October, when the next book comes out, cant get here quick enough!

• Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    I am far behind, but what is all this sniping about and who are you :)? I guess it was a cool thing - sorry I missed out...
  • YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    PM sent.
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    PM Sent...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    PM sent
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    The Sniper:
    Russ55:
    I agree on Sanderson - October, when the next book comes out, cant get here quick enough!

I just re-read the entire series in preparation for October. I thought Sanderson handled the writing very well. Purely from a literary standpoint I thought Sanderson was a better writer than Jordan, but Jordan hands-down is amazing with his concepts, cultures and people.

And you have a PM. No price is too big to pay in order to find out who ratted me out.
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Renaissance_Man:
    I am far behind, but what is all this sniping about and who are you :)? I guess it was a cool thing - sorry I missed out...
    yea, is a 35 or more page thread of insanity.... check out the snipers box thread :)
    NYHCx516x:
    Renaissance_Man:
    yea, is a 35 or more page thread of insanity.... check out the snipers box thread :)
    Yeah - I've been trying to catch up for a while... Pretty cool! I wonder if I should get in on this madness...
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Mr. Sniper, PM to you.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Sniper:

Could this "anonymous" BOTL, in fact, be gdsim1?
    Not this time bandy. Im playing this one straight-up since its for a good cause & all.

NOTE TO ALL - headed to bed for the evening! Im making mistakes left & right due to lack of sleep in the PM's Ive replied to. So if you have sent me a PM & I DIDNT reply tonight, its just because I ran out of steam. I will do my best to get in touch with you tomorrow! Response has been overwhelming so far, thanks to all who are participating!

• lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    The Sniper:
    NOTE TO ALL - headed to bed for the evening! Im making mistakes left & right due to lack of sleep in the PM's Ive replied to. So if you have sent me a PM & I DIDNT reply tonight, its just because I ran out of steam. I will do my best to get in touch with you tomorrow! Response has been overwhelming so far, thanks to all who are participating!

Respond to my PM, or I keeeeeeel you!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    The Sniper:

I have a question for you over in the thread where you outed yourself as the sniper.

Sniper - I PMed you yesterday or the day before...
    Renaissance_Man:
    Sniper - I PMed you yesterday or the day before...
    I saw it Ren, and will get back to you hopefully tonight - that goes for all I got PM's from! I do really appreciate the support on this (since it is a worthwhile cause) and I WILL follow thru on this - life just got in the way again last night.

My daughter had her first softball game EVER last nightand was called on to pitch... and promptly walked FOURTEEN BATTERS IN A ROW! Coach totally hung her out to dry, not even a single mound visit to try & calm her down or straighten her out. Needless to say, some serous consoling was needed afterwards and when I looked up it was 11:30, so I figured I had better get some sleep.

Said all that to say this - I HAVENT forgotten about the game, Im NOT going to hang anyone out to dry, and I WILL get back to you guys tonight. Thanks for your patience

lilwing88:
    The Sniper:

Respond to my PM, or I keeeeeeel you!
    If I dont get back to you tonight 'wing, I will let you! :-D

I had sent u a pm too Sniper...
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How long will this go til? Just asking because I want to do it but can't send anything out for a few weeks.
    Hope to have this one wrapped up by the end of the month AT THE LATEST Jake. PM to you sir!

• Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    when you gonna post the bomb list??
    Alex Williams:
    when you gonna post the bomb list??
    If you mean the list of sticks Im collecting for this game (Lord of Chaos), I will keep track of what I receive and PM it to anyone who would like to see it. Probably wont post it on the forums, as that will come out publicly once all of this is said and done and the good cause behind the game is revealed.

However, if you mean the bomb that blew my mailbox clean off its post and ended The Sniper's Box game (mostly LOL), I will knock it out this weekend and post it over on that thread. Everyone deserves to know what sticks I got and everyone who was involved in nuking me for sure!