Home Non Cigar Related

The Ultimate Cold

robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
i can't shake this fker!!! Keeps hanging on... 2 weeks now... I get winded by taking out the garbage... and I haven't had a smoke in almost a MONTH!!!

I know there are bigger things to worry about, but being sick for 2 weeks really blows...

Comments

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Haven't seen you on the boards for a while. So this is why.....hope you get better soon, 'tis the start of cigar season.
  • gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    Had a dry cough and was tired all the time for 12 days....finally went to the Dr. and got some antibiotics-was well and smoking again in 3 days. I hate going to the Dr., but now I wish I hadn't waited. if it's just a cold, not much they can do, but if it's bacterial.... Hope you get better soon.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Anytime I've had a cold, I just sweat it out. I put on 2 or 3 pairs of pajama's before bed, crawl under the comforter/sheets, wrap them all around me until I'm like a bug in a cocoon, and just start sweating. I try to go all night like that, but usually around 2am I wake up and can't get back to sleep. Take a hot shower in the morning, and I feel like a million bucks.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    gripnrip:
    Had a dry cough and was tired all the time for 12 days....finally went to the Dr. and got some antibiotics-was well and smoking again in 3 days. I hate going to the Dr., but now I wish I hadn't waited. if it's just a cold, not much they can do, but if it's bacterial.... Hope you get better soon.
    Yeah, if it's been two weeks, you might want to get checked out. Probably nothing serious, but it might be more than just a common cold and you don't even know it.

Hope you start feeling better Rob.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    gripnrip:
    Yeah, if it's been two weeks, you might want to get checked out. Probably nothing serious, but it might be more than just a common cold and you don't even know it.

Hope you start feeling better Rob.
    +1....... I was sick a few months ago for about three weeks. I finally went to the doctor..... walking pneumonia. Couple days of antibiotics and I was right as rain.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Ive been sick for about 3 weeks now! Pneumonia! Yeah fun. Hey go walk to the bathroom and be out of breath! Yeah great! The drugs they got me on keep me up most of the night, so I cannot get a good night sleep. Havent had a cigar in over 3 weeks. Im gonna have agood one when I come back!

Good Luck Robbyras - Enjoy your trip!

• docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Feel better bro.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    hope it didn't turn into bronchitis, i had a cold one time do that cuz i didn't go to the dr...never gonna wait again.

"Long ashes my friends."

• robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    woooo hooooooo!
    Finally 100% again... thanks guys!
  • minibeezyminibeezy Posts: 257
    LOL. Welcome back.
  • JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    Your timing couldn't be any better! The weather is finally gonna warm up your way this week. I was in walnutcreek weekend before last and it was way too cold for outdoor activities. So what's your "Im 100% healthy now" stick gonna be?
    Jeff
    Jdorais:
    Your timing couldn't be any better! The weather is finally gonna warm up your way this week. I was in walnutcreek weekend before last and it was way too cold for outdoor activities. So what's your "Im 100% healthy now" stick gonna be?
    Jeff
    hmmm... good question... it's going to be smoked this afternoon, i know that much... either a Nub Maduro or a Ruination
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    robbyras:
    Jdorais:
    Jeff
    hmmm... good question... it's going to be smoked this afternoon, i know that much... either a Nub Maduro or a Ruination
    Welcome back among the living, brother! What did you end up smoking?
    I actually smoked a CAO gold... it was my first one and was pretty good... not the best, but solid...
    work has been crazy (Thank God!) so I've been away from the board again... but I'm back... sent out all my packages and am ready to get involved again...