Home Non Cigar Related

Magic The Gathering

Just out of curiosity - who here knows of or plays Magic? Also - who would be interested in a possible herf and Magic competition!?

Comments

• wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I used to play Magic: The Gathering back in high school. My old decks are still with my parents back home, though. If I could get a hold of those decks, I'd be down for it (assuming my brother hasn't stolen everything I left at that house).
  • MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    A few of my friends play it, but not me.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    I used to play way more than anyone should, but I stopped playing around the Mirrodon block. Still have some decks though :-)
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    <~ hardcore MtG player tho I have "too many" decks and "too many" free cards that NEED to be decked lol
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to play a bit in high school... i was more of a D&D guy though.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    kuzi16:
    Dungeons and dragons + Magic: The Gathering= a 30 year-old midget dressed up as a wizard in a peanut butter castle in his moms basement
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    Dungeons and dragons + Magic: The Gathering= a 30 year-old midget dressed up as a wizard in a peanut butter castle in his moms basement
    I thought you moved out Alex? WTF !?
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    I remember when it first came out. A few of the guys I worked with and played tabletop wargames with got into it. We all worked at a hobby shop and it was like the new hot thing. Eventually they convinced me to try it out. I played for about 20 minutes before I decided it wasn't for me. This was over 15 years ago though. The shop I play 40k at now has large Magic following. All the card games I think. I don't pay much attention to them though.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    C'mon doogie!! I'm not thirty!
  • GoldyGoldy Posts: 1,638 ✭✭
    I play a lot of tourneys when I was a kid but quit right when 6th ed came out. I did happen to collect the entire Ice Age set of cards which was a fun challenge.
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    OK that was my attempt at humor.

Since you didn't appreciate that... I going back to my miserable self. Anybody want to talk politics? :)
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    I play 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and MTG. Stan, I didn't know you played, I would be down for cigars and cards tonight or anytime over the week!
  • poypoykingpoypoyking Posts: 55
    I haven't played now in about 12 years. I am very sad I sold all of my dual-lands, I see that they are going for upwards of $40 a piece now. I play warhammer fantasy upon occasion, mostly when my brother is in town. Every once in a while I will get down to the b&m for a match.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    I play 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, and MTG. Stan, I didn't know you played, I would be down for cigars and cards tonight or anytime over the week!
    Yeah - I used to play a lot 2-3 years ago - I love such games, but have not played since then. I want to get back to it - its kind of a nice social game I think. And I guess Beta and I are having a Magic Herf tonight! lol...
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    I Played magic for a little while as did the Beard. A group of my friends have created an even better game though with over 700 cards all hand drawn. You can even instant kill an opponent by giving them an exploding cigar or disable them by cutting off there fingers in with the double bladed cutter. This is what happens when you hang out with a bunch of engineers and art students.
    Andrew, you should be including cards in each shipment. Gotta collect 'em all!
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I used to play MTG about 12 years ago. I'm not sure if my cards are still at my moms or not but now I'm going to have to find out. I used to play Mage Knights too and I have a D&D game on the ORIGINAL Nintendo.

+1 4 NERDS!!1!
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭
    I'm about to Instant Kill Andrew. 
    Holy Crap! The Beard plays MtG too? zomg! Now we all need to have a major MtG herf!
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    I played back in high school, and did a couple competitions...those never went far, but I had plenty of fun. Been several years since I've had anything to do with it, and I've totally forgotten how to play by now. Also don't have any of the cards left..
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    This has to be the nerdiest topic ever on these boards. And yeah, I play now and again, lol.
    Me and Stan played. He managed to beat me once, too!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    laker1963:
    Alex Williams:
    kuzi16:
    OK that was my attempt at humor.

Since you didn't appreciate that... I going back to my miserable self. Anybody want to talk politics? :)
    lol...
    I use to a long time ago then when star trek came out I played that a lot. I actually liked trek more but I loved the pictures and things on Magic. I think I sort of stopped playing when things got too complicated. I use to go to tourney's in my area too.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    lol - wow, I haven't played MTG in years; think I last played in high school/early college. Fun game, but my deck was too slow to do much unless my opponents layed off/let me get my lands out. I think I still have my collection and my deck in a box somewhere
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    betasynn:
    Me and Stan played. He managed to beat me once, too!
    Its my weak deck... Watch it when I get some booster packs now ;)... Ima kick ur ass next time! But yeah - I think the night ended 1 to 4 for Beta.... It was fun though! This definitely works with cigars...
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this old-ass thread because a buddy just turned me on to the game. Anyone currently on play?
  • The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    alienmisprint:
    Resurrecting this old-ass thread because a buddy just turned me on to the game. Anyone currently on play?
    No but you need to get your butt over to the fun and games thread "short and sweet" and throw a number out there..lol,,,.Sounds cool though
    if anyone would ever want to herf and play I'd be down like a clown for it, got 13 different decks or so with 4 planned (just need some time to build) in the works.