Home Ratings & Reviews

Diesel "Unholy Cocktail"

Diesel "Unholy Cocktail" 5 X 56. Wrapper - Pennyslvania Broadleaf, Binder - Nicaragua, Filler - Jalapa, Condega, and Esteli. Made by Abdel "AJ" Fernandez. Full bodied. Inital taste apon lighting was leather, wood and spice which quickly became a predominate spicey leather & wood flavor along with cinnamon. When I got to the halfway point, I noticed the spiceiness picking up with the wood flavor - leather and cinammon was still present. The last third of the cigar is where it got intersting - a sweetness emerged along with a creamy coffee flavor that became the dominate flavors. The leather taste was still noted but was more of a secondary flavor and the spice became more underlying than earlier in the cigar. The finish of this cigar was also intersting in that it changed from the beginning to the end. The finish of the first half of the cigar was long with flavors of spice and leather. The second half was a long finish of a creamy sweet coffee flavor. Very enjoyable. Construction, burn and draw was perfect. Nice light grey ash that held on for an inch and a half before falling off. Beautiful chocolate brown, oily wrapper. Very nice complexity and balance. I really enjoyed the change of flavor profile in the last third of the cigar - it really took me by surprise and made this experience even more interesting. MSRP on this vitola is $99.95 for a box of 30 ($3.33 per stick) which makes this cigar an excellent value. I highly recommend.

Comments

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    this is one of my favorite cigars and if I had any more room in my humidor I would so buy a box!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I actually smoked one of these last evening. It put out alot of flavorful smoke. nice review btw.

"Long ashes my friends."

• JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    One of my faves. Good review bro!
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Jdorais:
    One of my faves. Good review bro!
    I have 10 with 8-9 months on them. I loved them straight off the truck, Im gonna have one shortly to let you know if it improve and by how much!
  • NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    Have never had one yet. Have one sitting.. .maybe have it this evening.
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    do your self a favor and have it this evening! I had one last Friday and it was awesome!
    how does it compare to a regular MOW?
  • Pacman84Pacman84 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered one today can't wait to try it out. How long should I leave it in the humi to get the most flavor?
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    Pacman84:
    I just ordered one today can't wait to try it out. How long should I leave it in the humi to get the most flavor?

they do just fine with a couple weeks on em, if you can wait that long ;) they are a GREAT cigar, it's like smoking a steak..
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    They loose a bit of pepper with a few months on them, but gain a lot of sort of dark, rich flavor.
  • coachjamiecoachjamie Posts: 337
    NYHCx516x:

I have not had a MOW yet. Really good though!
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    NYHCx516x:
    2 whole different worlds. The Diesel is a stout maduro that I'd describe as meaty, that evolves into sort of a coffee/chocolaty sweetness. It's very tasty and I personally love them both, so for what it's worth I highly recommend giving it a whirl :^)
    coachjamie:
    do your self a favor and have it this evening! I had one last Friday and it was awesome!
    It was raining too hard last night, even my patio got soaked. Gonna shoot for the next night I can!
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    NYHCx516x:
    Have never had one yet. Have one sitting.. .maybe have it this evening.
    They both are very different. Both good though. The MOW has really grown on me.
  • vines62vines62 Posts: 4
    Yeah the Diesel is one fantastic stick. I find it pretty consistent through the entire box. Not a bad stick yet and i am about half way through the box. Great deal too.