Home Cigar 101

Rocky Patel Signature Series...

I have a problem with these cigars, had two in my humidor for four or five weeks, I smoked the first one about a week ago, did not enjoyed as much as I do enjoy cigars!, and half way thru, it burst! have any of you out there had that happened?!...so this past weekend, had a few friends over, had a few smokes, and one of my buddies asked about the RP signature, I told him a was not too impressed by it, and he can have the cigar, He lit it and it also cracked, his cracked right in the middle, I hope this is just a cigar imperfection and not my humidor, the rest of my cigars are fine, or at least they look fine to me! so, any feed back?....Boriqua!

Comments

• ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    I had to go back and review my notes and so far I only had one back in Nov. No burns issues but I wasn't impressed with how it tasted, not to much power, somewhat one-deminsional and bland.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    That sounds pretty horrible. Is it maybe a humidity issue? I wonder only because it seems odd that two cigars would split like that, too coincidental to be construction related I'd think, but I suppose its always possible. I hope the rest of your cigars are OK. it would be a shame if the problem was your humidity and it ruined your collection. Do you have a digital hygrometer?

Joe
  • Boriqua!Boriqua! Posts: 9
    No, I don"t have a digital hygrometer, the one I have came with my humidor, it's almost two years old, I never had any problems with cigars spliting like that, but I have been contemplating getting a bigger humidor...anyways, thanks a buch for your comments and suggestions, I like that, always learning from experinced individuals who like to share their knowledge!....
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I would definitely recommend looking into a digital hygrometer when you buy your new humidor, and even if you don't end up buying a new humi a digital is still a good idea, the analog meters are just not reliable to a reasonable degree of accuracy.

I also like how the more experienced smokers share their knowledge here, it is really helpful to newcomers like myself to be able to learn from those who have been there and done that many times over.

Joe