Home Cigar 101
Options

to many cigars in humi

skiwawskiwaw Posts: 10
    I have a monticristo lettertop and a trinidad 100 anniversry they hold about 150 to 200 apiece. they are both packed full ( two layers per draw) will this hurt my air flow. humidity seems to be fine 65-70. Do you recomend  a  credo on every level

Comments

• Options
    golfcigarjunkiegolfcigarjunkie Posts: 61
    Most of us stay from credos and use beads. Remember the sides of your humi hold humidity and the cigars help as well (see below). The best guage of how well your humidity is holding is how you cigars feel and smoke and use a digital hygometer. size of humi and weight of required beads 540 cu inches = 1 ounce of beads 1080 cu inches = 2 ounces 1620 cu inches =3 ounces 2160 cu inches = 4 ounces 2700 cu inches = 5 ounces 3240 cu inches = 6 ounces 3780 cu inches = 7 ounces 4320 cu inches = 8 ounces 4860 cu inches = 9 ounces 5400 cu inches = 10 ounces 5940 cu inches = 11 ounces 6480 cu inches = 12 ounces 7020 cu inches = 13 ounces 7560 cu inches = 14 ounces 8100 cu inches = 15 ounces 8640 cu inches = 16 ounces
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭

i think that as long as you rotate your stock every 6 months you should be fine.   other than that i have a a few humis packed to the gills and have never had a problem.

the best part about a full humi is digging for gold.  I love finding that cigar thats been sitting at the bottom of the humidor so long youve fogotten about it. 

• Options
    mjdx88mjdx88 Posts: 2
    Just to throw this out there, but if you need some room send me a few sticks I wouldnt mind helping you make some space =P

If your sticks feel dry on the bottom either rotate them or you can invest for the time being on a cigar savor and a rummbermade tupperware box and put some smoke in there. Works like a charm and for 15 bucks you can go wrong.
  • Options
    jihiggsjihiggs Posts: 469 ✭✭
    In my experience, a humi will have almost no air flow unless you have an active circulation device. I have a fan in my coolerdor, and my large desktop humi. I just use proccessor and video card fans, lol. You don't have to worry too much about circulation unless you are having "dead zones" where there is no humidification or too much humidification in one area. If this is the case, something else is wrong. Could be not a big enough humidification medium, or the temperature is too extreme +/-. I use active fans in my desktop just cause I was bored one day, it was neccissary in my coolerdor simply because of the sheer size of the thing. All that said it is still a good idea to rotate your cigars when the weather changes, about every 6 months. Not really looking forward to the summer, I got no AC and I'll have to move my boxes to the basement.