Home Non Cigar Related

Sprint's New Evo!

phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
So I have mine on back-order. Hoping to get it soon. Anyone have one yet?

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Uhhhh sprint... They have next to no network here.
    Though I am in the market for a new phone... I can't decide if I want the new iPhone or to just jump ship to Verizon.

You know I hate when a stellar device hits another network and all you can do is settle for the next best thing.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I'm actually posting from my iPhone. I love it!!! I'll never go back to regular phones.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting my Sprint EVO on July 1st and I can't wait. I am in Kansas City where Sprint is headquartered and we have 4G already.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    lol all this talk of this Phone, I have talked to some techys that are SERIOUS techys all this phone reallly has to offer different or more than most other phones is 4 G which all carriers will have or have in the wings. Sprint service west of the Misssisppi is HORRIBLE. ,br> Here is the kicker.... i have tryed several times for days to get on the Sprint web site to check this phone out and the website never loads and alwasy says Open but with errors. ! LOL
    Soooooo if the web site wont load says volumes for the phone. Did I mention i had sprint in Ohio once and there customer service was the worst and 5 years after my fathers death they continue to Hound My mother for 1000.00 bill for a cell phone that My dad had that was never used for almost 1 1/2 years after hus death. After sending copies of the death certificate and proof that My father wasnt using or didnt have the phone and was 6 feet under they continue to Harrasss her and target her credit.
    No Thanks on Sprint.
  • turn_keyturn_key Posts: 90
    A friend does and he was showing me how fast he 4G was. My brother has the Hero and he loves it. I'm familiar with the Android OS so I know how well it works. Here is a short review of the new 2.2

I can upgrade in oct or nov and I'm considering the evo or another blackberry. I'll see what kind of incentives they have then.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Yeah if your area has crappy coverage no point. But My area has pretty good coverage, even at crater lake. I saw that sprint is coming out with a palm pre phone later in the year which I think I'm going to wait for. I like the evo but I like my phone a bit smaller and I love the pre.
  • cholmes8310cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    stephen_hannibal:
    Uhhhh sprint... They have next to no network here.
    Though I am in the market for a new phone... I can't decide if I want the new iPhone or to just jump ship to Verizon.

You know I hate when a stellar device hits another network and all you can do is settle for the next best thing.

Jump ship and get the HTC Incredible. I have used the incredible, and it's better than my Droid Eris, which was already better than my iphone. No freezing, force closures help, faster browser, tactile feedback, better sound, all around just a better phone to me. I never was really impressed with the iphone. The one advantage of the iphone, IMO, was the ease of use buying music. Droid has the Amazon MP3 network, but it's not as intuitive, and saves each track individually in the library, even if you download a whole album. The album just shows up as many x as there are tracks. My only complaint though.